Hey everyone, im new to UG, this is my first thread so be kind

So ive been in a band for nearly a year now, we won battle of the bands a few weeks ago and we're loving life at the minute, but we can't seem to get ourselves noticed which makes us worry incase people don't turn up to the next gig.

Any advice!?

Thanks
Well if your band was in Toronto right now, you could put on a show during the TIFF.
Security might not like it though.
Lots of gigs with originals.
Get demo CDs and hand them out free in the middle of town centre or something like that.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
kidnapping the governor would get your band noticed.

seriously though, how long have you even been together (assuming they were together before you joined)? if it's only been that one year, you probably just haven't been around enough for people to care. you guys are pretty much not well known. winning a battle is cool, but they are common enough, so people will forget it within a short amount of time. in order to get noticed, you have to be consistently impressive, and people will think "oh hey, i've seen this guy before" and the more they see you around, the more they'll pay attention to you.

simply winning one battle of the bands is not really enough. you have to keep playing shows and keep winning battle of the bands for anything to catch on, and make sure every performance really counts. give everything your all. if people see you one time and think you're really good, they'll remember you better, and if they see you're playing again, they'll come see you again. and if you play another good show for them, they'll tell your friends.

this means more people will come to see you. and if more people see your band, the venue will be more likely to invite you back, and even let you play bigger shows with more well established acts. then if you play these shows well, even more people will recognize you, more people will come, etc, like that on and on. the thing is, each time you get to the next level, you have to step your game up if you want to keep impressing people, otherwise you'll be just another local band, and nothing more, and nobody will remember you.

or just kidnap the governor.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Check out the Bandleading Forum for advice regarding this type of stuff.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Wow thanks that was helpful
were deffinately going to step our game up man, just need to gig more

you know what, kidnapping the governor may just work...

hahaha
@rockingamer2 sorry for messing up the forum, i only joined today and i don't really know what im doing, just button bashing at the minute
Quote by SixStringSalute
@rockingamer2 sorry for messing up the forum, i only joined today and i don't really know what im doing, just button bashing at the minute

Hey, no problem. It takes some time to get to know the forums. The Pit isn't the best place to get advice about stuff if there are other places to do so, since it's more fun and games here. God knows how many advice threads have been trolled here.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Get another band in the same genre to rent a hall for $100 and make sure alot of people come to it to A) Get your money back B) if you get an out of town band they need gas money.
(Thats how we do it in NS)
Do a Justin Bieber and use YouTube.

Or do a Nirvana/Kurt Cobain and try to be not popular but then be really good and become popular but you don't really want to be popular.
Networking. Get to know the more well known bands in your area and try to book gigs with them. People that go to see them will also see you, and if you hand out demos at said gigs they can go tell all their friends about this cool band they saw.
Full frontal nudity and a crime spree. Make sure it's an expendable member.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by FearMyLightning
Kill yourself, and tell your bandmates to mention at your funeral that you were in a band.

Sadly that might actually work.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.