Poll: Should band members have more than one band?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should band members have more than one band?
Hell yeah
68 72%
**** no
27 28%
Voters: 95.
Do you guys think band members should have multiple bands?
I really dont like it, cant explain why, it just bugs the hell outta me.
Poll on the way
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Last edited by The9 at Sep 14, 2011,
it depends if they can handle it or not.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
where's the indifferent option?
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's threads like this that separate grammar Nazis from only mildly anti-Semitic grammar conservatives.
Quote by teh_goon
where's the indifferent option?

more importantly, where's the "it depends on the individual situation" option?

black and white poll is black and white.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
The question implies should every musician play in only one band at a time. Of course no.
Quote by Flying Couch
God forbid a musician wants to diversify.

Theres always one smartass.
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

I think it would be a good thing to do as long as the bands worked in different genres.
Should human beings have multiple interests?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
My drummer is in two bands, second guitarist has his own electronic something or other project, I have my own acoustic and folk project with said guitarist and the bassist occasionally observes Whales as a hobby. Yeah, you can do it, but there's a limit.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
If its only temporary and experimental, then hell yeah. go for it
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
If they can handle it, then sure. But the question implies it's some kind of obligation.
I have no sig
Quote by The9
Theres always one smartass.

you're not really as old as you say you are on your profile, now are you?
I juggle two bands and a solo-project. It's refreshing to know that whatever you write at least one band will have a use for it.
🙈 🙉 🙊
No joke, I've had two bands play at the same event.

One bandmate didn't really like a bandmate in the other group so that was soooo awkward for me...
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
I play in a couple different groups. One of them is a metal outfit and the other is more of a mainstream rock type of group. The reason I'm doing it is because I see it as a learning experience. I've spent the majority of my time learning how to play primarily metal since I picked up the instrument. I see me playing in both groups as a way for me to keep my chops up in the heavier styles of music and expanding my skills into a territory that I haven't spent any real amount of time in.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Don't see why not. As long as they stay committed to both and don't prioritize one over the other unless one starts to take off.
I like the idea of this happening. As long as it doesn't get to black metal levels of main band, side project, other side project, solo project, and endless amounts of guest vocal spots.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Quote by Våd Hamster
I play in two bands.

I write, play guitar, and sing for one, and I'm auditioning for a second Saturday... Not to mention the number of one-off projects of all different genres I'm working on with other friends. Then there's contributing to this site's acoustic album...

I love it when my mom calls me lazy.
I don't know. If they haven't made it big yet, then there's the dilemma of which one does he focus with and how he handles the one that doesn't make it far.

Depends entirely on the situation.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Yeah I play bass in a sort of metal band right now, but I don't have any role as a songwriter.

I'd like to start another more punk based band so that I have an outlet for my songs and that I can sing in.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Not much room for choice in this poll...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
I don't see a problem as long as they actually put their full effort into them when necessary.
I think it's good to have 1 creative outlet and 1 band you join for performance aspect.

So yeah, a main band and side project is a good thing imo.