I made a riff but I'm totally sure that I've heard it before, not sure :S
Hope you UGs can help me. If it exist, who is it? Name of the song?
Attachments:
Riff 1.gp5
The first full song I ever wrote's intro/chorus riff was very similar to this, pretty much same notes but inside-out(the first part went 3-2-3 3 times, then it went 3-2-5). I abandoned the song though, because it sounded pretty much identical to part of Under Attack by Exciter. Killer riff though!
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by bjh345
Sounds a lttle like disposable heroes by metallica

yea.. but the tempo is faster in this version.
Yeah, definitely sounds like the intro to Disposable Heroes to me. No worries though, I accidently copy riffs all the time, but it sure does suck when you realize it haha
Aah, of course is it Disposable heroes. I'm a Metallica fan, Knew I have heard that riff before :P

Just gonna make it to my own riff, some changes will do

But thank you UGs! I'm really happy for answers, really helpful.
Quote by KingBobert
Yeah, definitely sounds like the intro to Disposable Heroes to me. No worries though, I accidently copy riffs all the time, but it sure does suck when you realize it haha

me too man, the first riff i ever wrote was sabbath bloody sabbath. im pretty sure i actually wrote it before hearing the actual song
there is no such thing as a new idea. just re-workings of old ones.

If you've written it, that it's yours, sure it might sound a bit like something else, but hey, it came from you right? The other dude must just be either coming from the same place as you or an equally good musician. (!)

You listen to 4 different musicians play exactly the same song and it will be totally unique to each of them. So do your thing dude, make that riff your own.
Quote by jasonpsmith_87
there is no such thing as a new idea. just re-workings of old ones.

If you've written it, that it's yours, sure it might sound a bit like something else, but hey, it came from you right? The other dude must just be either coming from the same place as you or an equally good musician. (!)

You listen to 4 different musicians play exactly the same song and it will be totally unique to each of them. So do your thing dude, make that riff your own.

Nice words you've written.