How far away do you guys like to sit from a TV? I'm thinking of getting either a 42" or a 50" for my room, but I'm not sure which and where to place it.

Some would probably say 3,2m from a 50" is too close, but I'm afraid it's going to be too far? I'm a major cinephile and I'm looking for the ultimate home movie experience.
I prefer to sit less than a meter away if I need to read the subtitles. When there are no subtitles, I may as well sit 3-4 metres away.

I have a severly low viison, so I can't sit too far away.

EDIT: 1' = 0.3048 m
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Sep 14, 2011,
Quote by Ahteh
Before we start WW3, one foot is about 30 centimeters.

Yes, this is common knowledge
I used to sit a foot in font of our old tube T.V. My parents though there was something wrong with my vision and made me get it checked out. Nothing wrong with these eyes, that was just my comfy spot

Nowadays I sit on the couch which is around 7 feet from the T.V. I sit on the floor closer to it sometimes.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Yes, this is common knowledge

You'd think so, yeah.
Quote by Ahteh
... I'm a major cinephile and I'm looking for the ultimate home movie experience.

Get a decent projector, change the image size to suit, and easily visible even in broad daylight.

80" Screen ftw!
There's a chart online somewhere that tells you how close to your tv you should be sitting based on size and resolution. I'll search real quick.
Quote by bjh345
Get a decent projector, change the image size to suit, and easily visible even in broad daylight.

80" Screen ftw!

I've been considering it, but in general I prefer the feeling of an actual TV. A projector can't match the image quality of a good plasma.
Last edited by Ahteh at Sep 14, 2011,