So I took my guitar to a shop to get tuned up and restrung with .12's in c standard tuning. When I played around with it the strings still seem alittle loose. I was wondering is there anyway I could make it feel alittle more "tight". Will higher action work?
Higher action is never the way to go... Not if you like to solo. I'd up the string gauge and leave the action nice and low.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
you didn't state what model of guitar this is, but will throw this in anyway.

if it has a two piece stop tail piece, you can tighten (turn to right) the tail piece without altering action, although you may want to reset the truss rod if turning a lot, and your intonation could also be off.

i do this with my gibsons.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
No real way without ****ing up your intonation or neck really, Just use thicker strings.

12-52 Should be fine, or even a .54 should be perfect for C.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I play a drop C and use a 10 - 56 on an ESP but the rest of my guitars are 10 - 52

Might i add, strings are pretty loose and the 56 seems very thick and kinda overpowering to the sound and im thinkin i might go back to a .52
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
My guitar is currently in C standard, I use 12-56 strings.

Normally I use those for drop C, so I might bump it up a notch to 13-56, I like very taut strings.

The 56 also seems JUST thick enough to drop to A#, and the little bit of flub it has actually makes it BETTER for djent-style picking/playing. And of course sludge.. Baroness style.

I'm using a 25.5" scale guitar. If you're using 24.75", you might need to get even thicker to keep good tension. Do you normally prefer 9's or 10's in standard?
What kind of strings would you suggest for a Schecter Hellraiser C1 to go with C or Drop C tuning?