Just curious, What kind've rosewood does fretboards generally use ( to be more specific Ibanez jem and American Jazz bass ), the sites i see just say rosewood and rosewood is like... just a little bit vague.. Thanks
Generally they are Indian and Brazilian Rosewoods.

Indian rosewood is a lot cheaper, as Brazilian rosewood is scarce. Obviously the expensive guitars would use Brazilian rosewood. I read somewhere that Paul Reed Smith said that they sound the same, yet the Brazilian is just a lot more beautiful.
Where's Waldo?
how bout Mexican rosewood? its 60 per BDFT... and they only have that available...
Quote by lnphinity
how bout Mexican rosewood? its 60 per BDFT... and they only have that available...

Sorry, I totally forgot Honduran and the like.

If they only have that available, then its your only choice, right?
Where's Waldo?
Well. does an ibanez jem or american bass use it... because if it doesnt sound great.. why spend a crap ton on a fretboard where i can get the price for like half or a quarter cheaper and sound better for a guitar haha. I dont mind splurging a little bit but i try to find the best wood for my project
They used Rosewood, Ebony and Maple on the JEMs other then that Ibanez doesn't specify nor does the local supplier I use for my equipment, probably only get that kind of info from Ibanez direct.