Page 1 of 2
What would you think if a guy sang or wrote a song like this for you, as opposed to a more serious love song?

Flight of the Conchords - Most Beautiful Girl
Tim Minchin - You Grew On Me
Tim Minchin - If I Didn't Have You

Would it be touching? Offensive? Hilarious, but otherwise unmoving? I'd assume it could all come down to the context and your existing relationship with the person, so I'll put forward some scenarios.

What would be your reaction if you were already in a relationship with the person?
What would be your reaction if you were being 'courted' by the person and you liked him?
What would be your reaction if you were being 'courted' by the person and you didn't like him?

I'm not a lady but I think I'd probably be quite flattered.

EDIT: I'm not actually planning on doing this. I am learning 'Most Beautiful Girl' for fun, however.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Sep 14, 2011,
theres always I Cum Blood
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
it'd be funny and cute, unless I wasn't into the person. then it would just be awkward and weird.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
I'm not female, but I'm flattered you would sing for me. Pass me a note and I'll ask you out after class.
you're a stone fox
All females have the same opinions.
Fact.

Asking one female will give you all the answers.
Fact.
Quote by Casketcreep
All females have the same opinions.
Fact.

Asking one female will give you all the answers.
Fact.

Hence why he asked the pit. He'll get that one answer as soon as the only girl here posts/
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
haha I'm playing Most Beautiful Girl at my next gig, thought about doing some of their other songs
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
idk. I usually find it awkward. unless I'm dating the person. then it's cute. but still slightly awkward xD.
I'd show you my massive breasts.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I'm not actually planning on doing this, by the way. I am learning 'Most Beautiful Girl' but just for fun.

Quote by Saint78
I'm not female, but I'm flattered you would sing for me. Pass me a note and I'll ask you out after class.

I sent the note but a fat girl thought it was for her.
Quote by institutions
Uh, you forgot Business Time. :/

Yeah I was just posting a couple of examples. Business Time is one of my favourites.

You turn to me and saying something sexy like 'I might go to bed, I've got work in the morning.'
Quote by Butt Rayge
Yeah I was just posting a couple of examples. Business Time is one of my favourites.

You turn to me and saying something sexy like 'I might go to bed, I've got work in the morning.'

It's really one of the only Flight of the Conchords songs I know

You should try to get some ladies with these songs and report back to us how many times you had to play them to get some
What woman wouldn't want a piece of someone singing them sensual songs like these?
Quote by icesk8erqueen8
idk. I usually find it awkward. unless I'm dating the person. then it's cute. but still slightly awkward xD.

You said you liked the song.
Quote by blake1221
You said you liked the song.

ohhush. I ment it in the sense like. they're sitting right across from you. singing to you. and playing to you. sometimes it's nice. other times you're just sitting there like. "uhhh, what the **** do I do...."
Hahaha I was kidding, but I guess I've never thought about it from the girl's point of view. That does seem a bit weird. Just smile and tell them you thought it was beautiful. It's all they want to hear
Quote by Butt Rayge
What would be your reaction if you were already in a relationship with the person?

i'd be very upset with him. he should know that i don't like that kind of music.

What would be your reaction if you were being 'courted' by the person and you liked him?

i'd be straight up and tell him i don't like that kind of music.

What would be your reaction if you were being 'courted' by the person and you didn't like him?

i'd be annoyed and tell him to piss off.

answers in red.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Butt Rayge
What would you think if a guy sang or wrote a song like this for you, as opposed to a more serious love song?...Would it be touching?
No.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Offensive?
A little.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Divorce.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Dislike.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Continue not to.

If you are going to make it count, don't be trite and cliche about it. If you are going to express love with song then do it with songs like:

THIS / THIS / THIS / THIS / THIS / THIS
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at Sep 14, 2011,
I think I'm going to edit my OP and try to make it clear that I'm not planning on doing this.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I think I'm going to edit my OP and try to make it clear that I'm not planning on doing this.

so you're not interested in having sexual relations with the whole pit?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by AllJudasPriest
If you are going to make it count, don't be trite and cliche about it. If you are going to express love with song then do it with songs like:

Of course, you cannot go wrong with the quintessential love song: HERE!
Quote by theogonia777
so you're not interested in having sexual relations with the whole pit?

Now that just doesn't make sense.
you're a stone fox
Quote by AllJudasPriest
No.A little.Divorce.Dislike.Continue not to.

I'm wondering if you actually listened to any of the songs I posted. They're comedies.
Quote by Saint78
Now that just doesn't make sense.

he was clearly trying to play comedic love songs to the pit in order to get us to have sex with him, but he wanted to be as sneaky as he could and pass it off as asking girls how they feel about it, but since it was ill received he's decided that none of us are his type.
Quote by theogonia777
he was clearly trying to play comedic love songs to the pit in order to get us to have sex with him, but he wanted to be as sneaky as he could and pass it off as asking girls how they feel about it, but since it was ill received he's decided that none of us are his type.

Yeah sorry guys.

I didn't want to go ahead with it and get rejected, and I didn't want you guys to feel rejected if I didn't sing for you, so I'm just pretending that I was never going to in the first place.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Yeah sorry guys.

I didn't want to go ahead with it and get rejected, and I didn't want you guys to feel rejected if I didn't sing for you, so I'm just pretending that I was never going to in the first place.

it's okay. you were just trying in the wrong place.

try singing a song like that to The Wildchild. he'll appreciate it.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Yeah sorry guys.

seriously this was the way in my pants...i was gonna let you go bareback too... would have been some fun mud-shoveling :'(
Quote by theogonia777

That sucks, I was gonna rayge his butt.
you're a stone fox
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Divorce.
Tut tut.

"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man."
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Now that Beatles song is stuck in my head, thanks a lot TS

"What would you say if I sang out a tune, would you sta...."

I'd find it really sweet if it was the first two situations. The last one wouldn't be THAT bad since those songs aren't super cheesy or anything. But it'd still be awkward.
cat
Page 1 of 2