Page 1 of 2
I still have mine, an Ibanez starter guitar.

It's nearly useless to me now, but I refuse to get rid of it because of the sentimental value. I played it for 2+ years before I upgraded to a nicer guitar that better suited my needs. But this Ibanez is still in my room, hanging on my wall, probably never to be played again.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
My parents bought me a mini Yamaha acoustic when I first started lessons when I was about 7 or 8. Still have it, except now my sister feels the need to claim it as hers. I don't think so, sis.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Nope. my first guitar was a shitty $25 acoustic i got at a garage sale that i used for my guitar class at school. on the last day of school i took it out to the parking lot and smashed it. then i went and bought a good guitar
yeahh, mine is a classical guitar, no brand for as far as i can tell :P it was actually my mom's old guitar, it should be about 30 years old now xd.
yes i do im looking at it right now...its pretty much now become a decoration.
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
Technically yes. It's a half size acoustic probably from like Walmart my father bought when I was like 6. But that didn't really get touched until just this year, and I'm 19 Half the frets are shit, the wood is warped beyond belief, only the first four or so frets even play anything..

My first electric though, I don't own. I stupidly sold it to Daddys Junky a few years back (only 40 bucks..) when I got my first "real" guitar, an Ibanez RG350. Turns out the RG was a lemon too.. And they made it even worse when they "Fixed" it and refused a refund. It ended up being sold for not even 100 bucks on CL 2 years ago, I believe, for parts

It was an Ibanez GIO, double cutaway SG style. Honestly wasn't terrible, but it wasn't for me. Then I had nothing but an SG Special for a very long time.
Yep. MIA Standard Strat. Held off on making the purchase for about 20 years. Don't ask about the first amp :p
Yep. My Ibanez AS73. Plays like a dream. Best $300 my parents ever spent haha.
The very first guitar i had was a Harmony Stella acoustic that used to be my grandma's. It's really a piece of crap but I can't part with it. My first electric followed a few month's after a Fender Squier Bullet from about 1983. Just played the Bullet tonight. Have her tuned to an open D and have been using it to play slide. Perfect job for that 28 year old guitar.
$200 yamaha dreadnought my parents bought for me at Costco. I just sold it this year to buy a hollowbody. I had it for about 11 years and sold it for $100
Yep, My first guitar was a Dean Vendetta XMT I used for 8 months before getting a mim strat. I scalloped the 14- 24th frets, put a les paul pickguard on it, painted it without finishing, so now its chipping, added a killswitch, took out the neck pickup for a killswitch when the killswitch crapped out, and drew Jesus on it giving a thumbs up. I love it, but it's no longer played. It had a good run though...
DAS BOOT!!!
essex tele- set on fire and threw out..

epi lp- flipped for profit.

so i guess not.
mojostompboxes.com
Well, I've only been playing since March, so I have my one and (at the moment only) guitar, a beautiful jet black Jackson Dinky, nothing special at all, only like 299$, but it's my baby. I'd love to get a new guitar sometime soon, but I need to concentrate on getting a better amp, better cables, and some pedals first
Yeah, a Jackson JS Dinky. I never play it anymore because the body is small and the neck is thin, but it's sorta sentimental. I would sell/trade it for a guitar I would actually play more but it's not worth much so I haven't really bothered.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
yep its an old mini-squier sitting in the closet
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Yeah man! And I love it to bits still! She's a Squier Affinity Strat, two tone sunburst with a maple neck, in the right light it's got a subtle but beautiful flame on the fretboard too. Got a black HH pickguard ready to go on her as soon as the Irongears I just ordered get here Putting a GG style blower switch and a 3-way blade on her too. Got a push/pull pot on the volume knob too. She's gonna be a beast when she's done.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

My parents bought me a Takamine EG240 for my 11th birthday. I didn't really take lessons seriously, and after a few months it went into hibernation in the case. After a few years, I started taking learning more seriously and taught myself everything I know today. I didn't re-string the guitar for 9 years... When I put new strings on it, I realized how well it actually played (go ahead and laugh). I then reduced the action on it and polished the frets. It plays like butter compared to many others I've tried out.

I'll never get rid of it.
Quote by SWilson
Ragu35, this is a cool thread by the way. Lots of good memories.

Thanks

Sometimes I'll take out the Ibanez and play it unplugged for a little while, but I refuse to go back to those horrible sounding pickups compared to what I have now
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
A strat copy from best buy. I still play it to this day, even though I have a nicer guitar. For a cheap guitar that wasn't even from a music store, it's honestly pretty decent.
yep, typhoon strat copy, 200 bucks with an amp ...couple dings and scratches, but it still plays ok =P
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
nope and i can't say i miss it one bit. no name pos from the 60s with a baseball bat neck and action so high you'd think it was set up for slide. never really formed any major attachments for my guitars. i love them when i have them but if something better comes along and i have to let one go to get it well addios.
Ibanez RG370DX

Still play it. I've got the floyd rose set up for drop c
I own a Fender telecaster now, but the Ibanez will always hold a place in my heart
Nope. Sold my Epi Les Paul for my PRS SE CU22. No regrets.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
Quote by bAngiel01
Nope. Sold my Epi Les Paul for my PRS SE CU22. No regrets.

I can't say I blame you there.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
Still have mine. It's an old (not sure how old) Epiphone Les Paul Jr. I got it for cheap and taught myself how to play on it. I've since upgraded my main axe but I do still play the jr. Its a great practice guitar and the single coil crunch makes for a pretty sweet tone.
My first guitar was a Jackson RX10D in polka dot. Still have it, but the frets are terrible haha. I forgot how much I played it back then...
"To this day I don't have a guitar idol. I have people who are my favorites." - Randy Rhoads
nope. squier POS. i didn't have it too too long before i found neck thru charvel in a pawn shop for cheap.
Last edited by rebar71 at Sep 15, 2011,
Nope. 100$ plywood/ agathis washburn superstrat. Gave it to a kid who quit playing, cant blame him, I owned it for maybe a month.
Still have my rg but I hate everything but the wizard neck and the bkp pup so it'll likely go soon too. Also sold my first and only acoustic.
Yeah, a black Ibanez GRG121 that I still play because it's my only guitar. It's still pretty good.
Ha! I still have my Samick that was purchsed in 1991. Picked it up the other day to have a quick play on its 12 year old strings and the freakin thing was still intune!!!! Played it for 2 mins and felt like burning it lol

PS - Dont tell anyone i still have it.
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
No. My first guitar was an acoustic when I was about 4. I busted out the top of it, tied some string to the head to steer while sitting in it and using it as a sled. No lie.

My first real guitar was a Univox Coily when I was 7. I don't have it, but I did buy one identical to it a few years back.

I still have my Tele copy and it's also still my main guitar, I can't find anything that feels as good to play ...
Define - Berk - A fool, prat, twit; An idiot, in an affectionate sense; C*nt
Before I ever played, my Mom had a beautiful maple topped Alvarez acoustic with a bright voice and plenty of projection that I loved. I went away for my first semester of college in 1986 and decided to learn guitar...but when I went home for Thanksgiving, I found she had given it away to a friend.

So she bought me a starter Alvarez right before I went back for my sophomore year. I played that sumbitch so hard I warped the neck. When I took it to Charlie's Guitars for repairs, the tech took a look at it and scoffed that it would cost more to repair than replace.

My next guitar was purchased shortly after that: a Caddilac Green Ovation Elite that I still own to this day. I also still own every guitar I've bought since then.

I don't remember much about my own Alvarez, but I still regret not telling my Mom about my axe-aspirations earlier than I did: she might have given me hers.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
currently turning my first guitar into a downtuning machine.... alrdy got EMG's, bought locking tuners, blocked trem, currently sanded down awaiting flam maple veneer in the mail.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED

actual first electric. never played it cause it just played like crap
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by GunsNSnakepits
My parents bought me a mini Yamaha acoustic when I first started lessons when I was about 7 or 8. Still have it, except now my sister feels the need to claim it as hers. http://x.vu/227320 I don't think so, sis.

Of course, you say very good!
Page 1 of 2