http://youtu.be/DurW8wgVGlA

I love the sound of this, but I don't wanna pay $225 for it. I've heard Stomp Under Foot makes good Big Muff clones, has anyone have any experience with them? I love my Big Muff, but I could do without the scooped mids... Is it a better idea to do a mod?

Also, what song is he playing at 1:30?
Last edited by Polar13 at Sep 14, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
Yes. Mod it and see if you like it still.

What mods can I do to "un-scoop" the midrange?
Quote by Polar13
What mods can I do to "un-scoop" the midrange?

If you wait a couple of days, I'm about to mod my big muff. I'm going to first mod it to rams head specs, and then add a switch to remove the midscoop.
I'll make a thread about it and link you to it if you want
RIP Gooze

cats
If you want to mod a Big Muff there are companies that sell kits to build them from scratch. They would probably give you a lot of flexibility as a modding platform that way too.

www.buildyourownclone.com

Gearmandude plays a bunch of them on the youtube if you want a sample.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Quote by cds+stereo=life
If you want to mod a Big Muff there are companies that sell kits to build them from scratch. They would probably give you a lot of flexibility as a modding platform that way too.

www.buildyourownclone.com

Gearmandude plays a bunch of them on the youtube if you want a sample.

My dad and I made one of these awhile back we made a big muff (triangle era specs I think). They sound real purrty.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album