https://occupywallst.org/

Thats the website, the Facebook page, which over 7000 people have clicked attending on, is linked in there.

I'm not too sure what their ultimate goal is, but If just a few thousand people mass at Wall Street it could get pretty intense.

Anyone else hear anything about this?
Just what we wanted, to be like London. "I wanna riot, a white riot" seems very appropriate.
you're a stone fox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYiKdJoSsb8

I saw this earlier. I hope it goes over well, but the demands, if you can even call them that, are benign, overly reformist, and just plain vague. I see it eliciting some moderate token media response, but not having much of an impact otherwise.
That's what i was thinking. If they had a more clear agenda they would probably get better results.
I've a feeling that this will be made out to be much more impressive than it actually will be. The media -- and by extension, the state -- love to support such harmless, negligible "threats" against the government. It'll make it look like they're entertaining desires of the general public without shit actually happening. It will appear as if people are making radical change when nothing is getting changed at all. Good PR.

That being said, I think this movement has a good idea. Rather than say "LISTEN TO ALL THIS SHIT, THE CORPORATIONS CONTROL ERRTHING ETC," they focus on one aspect that isn't too much to swallow and doesn't come off as tinfoil hattery. It'll be easier to garner support this way, but I don't see much coming from it, unfortunately.
Last edited by due 07 at Sep 14, 2011,
This is kinda off topic, your post about small threats reminded me about this, did you hear about the plane stopped because of an alleged "terrorist attack" when it was really people having sex in the plane bathroom.
you're a stone fox
On September 17, 20,000 of us will descend on Wall Street, the iconic financial center of America, set up a peaceful encampment, hold a people's assembly to decide what our one demand will be,

I think this will be a very beneficial and successful movement. Once the street is flooded with thousands of people, they'll just...you know...try to figure out what they actually want to do there. I'm sure it will be totally organized and certainly civilized.

Hippies.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Just a bunch of pretentious hippie nonsense. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

RAGE AGAINST PROFITS. EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FREE TO ANYBODY WHO WANTS IT. POWER TO THE PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO WORK OPPRESSIVE 8 HOUR SHIFTS. LIFE IS GREAT WHEN WERE ALL LIVING IN MUD HUTS AND FIGHTING FOR SCRAPS!!!!!!
Quote by AeroRocker
I think this will be a very beneficial and successful movement. Once the street is flooded with thousands of people, they'll just...you know...try to figure out what they actually want to do there. I'm sure it will be totally organized and certainly civilized.

Hippies.

This is a daily occurence on Wall St.
NYY _______________________________________________ NYG