Im looking at this floyd for my next project: http://www.guitarfetish.com/NEW-GOLD-Heavy-Duty-Floyd-Rose-trem-BRASS-STEEL_p_513.html#

What do you guys think of it?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
I think it looks hella cool. What kind of project do you have in mind?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Quote by GunsNSnakepits
I think it looks hella cool. What kind of project do you have in mind?

Taking an old tokai star i have that is pretty spent and redoing it as shown above.

And i am aware that the gold can tarnish and wear, but hey, it adds character
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
i would avoid it, it appears to be a liscensed model, which doesn't make it bad, but it could be. i bought one off of ebay a few years back to put on a custom build. i built the guitar, got it on there, maybe played it once a month (didn't like the feel as much as i thought i would), but i took the floyd out and the knife edged part connecting the posts looks like it was chewed by a sawzall. i never harly used the trem, no abuse, etc.

that doesn't mean all lisc. floyds are junk, but i would get reviews on the exact one you are getting. for example schaller is a good one (more pricey though), peavey has made the most solid floyd i have ever seen. the baseplate is like a 1/4" thick (quick estimate) the guitar is at least 10 yeras old, perfect knife edges. that was a wolfgang.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i might get me one of those
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i would avoid it, it appears to be a liscensed model, which doesn't make it bad, but it could be. i bought one off of ebay a few years back to put on a custom build. i built the guitar, got it on there, maybe played it once a month (didn't like the feel as much as i thought i would), but i took the floyd out and the knife edged part connecting the posts looks like it was chewed by a sawzall. i never harly used the trem, no abuse, etc.

that doesn't mean all lisc. floyds are junk, but i would get reviews on the exact one you are getting. for example schaller is a good one (more pricey though), peavey has made the most solid floyd i have ever seen. the baseplate is like a 1/4" thick (quick estimate) the guitar is at least 10 yeras old, perfect knife edges. that was a wolfgang.

Well, i mean its cheap...so its not like ill be out 200 bucks...and ive seen the ones on ebay, that def look like crap dude.

I think i may give this a shot unless someone has had a bad experience?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
I would just never trust any Floyd that doesn't come from the Floyd Rose company itself, Schaller, Gotoh or the Jackson/Fender licensed ones. If you're desperate for a cheap Floyd then buy a Floyd-1000. You really don't want to go cheaper than that.
You get what you pay for. GFS makes some decent stuff, but I guarantee that thing doesn't come close to a german floyd in any way.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
If you actually want this project to turn out with great results, I'd wait for an OFR on ebay. It could take a while to find a gold one though.

If you're just doing it for fun, the GFS should be fine. It says it has a steel baseplate, so it couldn't be that bad...

The guitar you're working on was originally routed for a floyd, right?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If you rarely use your trem this bridge will do just fine. IF a lots then invest more for OFR and it will return the cost in the long run. Hardened baseplate doesn't sound bad but I want how hard did they actually hardened it, there are different grades u know.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Offworld92
If you actually want this project to turn out with great results, I'd wait for an OFR on ebay. It could take a while to find a gold one though.

If you're just doing it for fun, the GFS should be fine. It says it has a steel baseplate, so it couldn't be that bad...

The guitar you're working on was originally routed for a floyd, right?

Hell no, Non recessed.

:lol: Its routed for a fender style trem, and the neck is setup for one. Im assuming the fender style trem cavity will need some widening...
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Fender style trems and floyds have the same spacing (I think), but I doubt the floyd will be a drop in fit.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
Fender style trems and floyds have the same spacing (I think), but I doubt the floyd will be a drop in fit.

Yeah, im with you here. I need to invest in a router anyhow.

Found these. Ive heard good things about the floyd specials?
http://www.gpdusa.com/Floyd_Rose_Tremolos-Floyd_Rose_Special.html
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
I'm more concerned about the neck angle, because that will cause serious issues. I'm not sure if the neck angle for vintage trems and for Floyd Roses is the same.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I'm more concerned about the neck angle, because that will cause serious issues. I'm not sure if the neck angle for vintage trems and for Floyd Roses is the same.

That shouldnt be a problem...the neck that came stock on this guitar is basically a strat neck. Im replacing it with a Kramer 5150 style neck. I expect to have to do some retrofitting lol.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
It'll probably do if it's a dive only tremolo. The tuning stability won't matter so much unless it's floating. It should sound good with the solid steel base plate and brass block.
Nah non-recessed Floyds need a different neck pocket angle. Check out Warmoths's ite. Fender style bridges need a very slight angle and non-recessed Floyds need quite a heavy angle. So you'll have to shim the neck. You can make it work but it'll be far from ideal.
Quote by ORCRiST
Meh.

I say go Ruthenium or go home.

Schaller FR in Ruthenium

ORC

Meh, going for an 80s vibe here....thats more contemporary...very sexy though.

Im looking at going with a kahler tune o matic mounted cam trem. The problem im having is: There were two different random star shapes: The ones built for locking trems were slightly elongated, and mine. which is not. So if i go with a floyd i may have to route it like this:

But if i want to play classical style, my leg will hit the rear of the trem cause it to dive unintentionally. With this style of kahler, there is a piece of metal that runs along the back, kind of like a bumper. So even if it overhangs, which from my measurements it shouldnt, it will not dive unintentionally.
Pic of what im talking about:

Thoughts on my logic or lack there of?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
I thought you already had a Floyd on it. I guess get whatever will work without modifications.
Quote by W4RP1G
I thought you already had a Floyd on it. I guess get whatever will work without modifications.

Naw, this thing has a lot of paintcracks, it was made in 1983. lol Its getting sanded to the wood so no worries on messing up the paintjob.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220