Page 1 of 2
The Federal Reserve consists of five private charter banks in England that don't back our money with gold or any material at all anymore, so that the richest ****s on earth can print money for themselves "for the treasury" for bills that they back.

Yes, up until now in the history of the world currency has always been backed by something usable in a raw or productive sense (or in itself it is, like metal coins), but the Federal Reserve now backs all their bills up by just putting "USA! USA!" on them. A bill is only as good as the government behind it (these days), don't worry!

Come on everybody, "USA! USA!", this plan is going to work no matter how many tens of trillions we rack up. I mean seriously, how could patriotism help the elite anyways?

Why do we even have so many trillions in debt, let's just print more money!

(Invalid img)

I am seeking people who stand up for actions of the Federal Reserve to reply and let me know how you have been bought out or deluded into complacence.
Quote by due 07

The only politician who isn't sold out on this issue! He's also a crazy creationist, yay! We're totally not ****ed!
Man, you come back to UG very randomly. I remember you came back a couple months ago and just disappeared in an instant.
College, working full time, lifting, guitar, piano, poi, and pretty constant drug use keep me busy and sporadic lol.

How ya been Madcap? I think I tried talking to you the last time I was here on DXM but I don't think I ended up staying on that night lol.

Quote by ethan_hanus
KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

I prefer bombs, like tower seven bro!

Last edited by garden of grey at Sep 14, 2011,
Quote by daytripper75
What would be your ideal alternative?

I'm not a goldbugger and I support money being backed any kind of precious metals, anything besides nothing at all.

As somebody who knows the value of left over copper in houses and buildings, maybe it could be introduced alongside silver and gold. That 's all i honestly know about the dsitribution of copper lol, I just want some sort of currency that is backed by reasonably barter-able goods, not just a saying.

As said where I randomly brought this up originally in the 911 CT thread..
Q:"In a post apocalyptic world, gold will be worth jack shit. Who is going to build a computer when the electricity is out?" (Not verbatim)
A: I am not preparing for the apocalypse when speaking of this issue, printing money for the treasury yearly is making EVERY CITIZENS money perpetually worth less, are you waiting for apocalypse to observe such and then die?
Quote by garden of grey
College, working full time, lifting, guitar, piano, poi, and pretty constant drug use keep me busy and sporadic lol.

How ya been Madcap? I think I tried talking to you the last time I was here on DXM but I don't think I ended up staying on that night lol.
Lots of changes, and redundancy at the same time. But I can't complain. On a scale of awful to spectacular, I'm at alright.
we invade Indonesia and take their gold?!?!...It's that or we find something else to back it with. Copper could work, but then we all tear down our houses in search of fortune
Gear:
Gibson '61 SG (57 Classics)
Ibanez RG4EXFM1 (TB-6)
Gibson '08 Explorer (500T)
Soldano Avenger 100
No Name 4X12 w/ Texas Heat+V12
I Want More Stuff
Quote by penguinguy34
we invade Indonesia and take their gold?!?!...It's that or we find something else to back it with. Copper could work, but then we all tear down our houses in search of fortune

You need an ID to do cash for copper as it stands, and yes, people steal copper tubing all the time.

You will need an ID to cash in your bills for the original precious metals stocked up if you wish, like how it was the first 150 years of this country.
Quote by garden of grey

(Invalid img)

Whoever suggested 'killing it with fire', let's do that.
Quote by ethan_hanus
To actually deflate our money to the point that our assets match up with how much money we have floating around.

How would you propose doing it? I always hear people saying stuff like this, but they rarely have any ideas of how to make it happen.
Quote by FlashNinja

No, death by poison, this time for the stupid ones!

Quote by daytripper75
How would you propose doing it? I always hear people saying stuff like this, but they rarely have any ideas of how to make it happen.

Before we revert to such a thing, it would be more realistic to get Congress or thru petition to get a bill passed that makes the treasury printing money for the lawls straight up illegal.

The Rothschilds and their bitches will need to trade their tennis courts of gold for paper money if they really want it.
Quote by daytripper75

people often associate deflation with a depression, so now one wants to bring it up. No one really wants to deal with the fluctuation in prices or wages even if it will help the economy in the long run.
Gear:
Gibson '61 SG (57 Classics)
Ibanez RG4EXFM1 (TB-6)
Gibson '08 Explorer (500T)
Soldano Avenger 100
No Name 4X12 w/ Texas Heat+V12
I Want More Stuff
Last edited by penguinguy34 at Sep 14, 2011,
Quote by FlashNinja

I have always wanted a ninja with a gun to be fed up with my shit! I wouldn't touch that on realchan!

"Originally Posted by garden of grey

(Invalid img)"

Untrendy enough for ya?
Quote by daytripper75

You can't, because whatever idiot president who took us off the gold standard screwed us. Unless you want a collapse and rebuilding of the nation, you can't, unless we get out of debt, then we can switch over without collapsing. As long as we are in debt, we can't do anything but hope we don't get screwed.

Of course, that will never happen if the Fed keeps printing money, they need to stop, and start pulling the excess money in and burn it. And that will never happen because China is getting annoyed with us, and wont lend us money, so their next bright idea is to just print the money they need, which causes the problem of inflation.

Everyone is blaming the banks for holding on to all the money and as to why the recession is prolonged, but the banks know the second they start letting that money out, massive inflation is gonna hit, because you just flooded the market with a bunch of unnecessary dollars. The more money that is in the system, the less value the dollar has, simple economics.

If you base your money off of assets, something tangible, certainty goes though the roof, and then your money becomes worth more, because it is backed by something of physical value, and not just by faith.
Quote by daytripper75

Because it can't realistically or logically happen.
Quote by garden of grey

Yes, up until now in the history of the world currency has always been backed by something usable in a raw or productive sense (or in itself it is, like metal coins), but the Federal Reserve now backs all their bills up by just putting "USA! USA!" on them. A bill is only as good as the government behind it (these days), don't worry!

Dude the gold standard was replaced a long time ago. While i won't comment on what the fed does, having a floating money system offers more advantages to a financial system than a commodity based one. Sudden inflation and deflation, or even a war which could threaten the currency market in a nation can have much more negative effects on a commodity based system. It was for this reason Canada suspended offering gold during the first world war and for a time shortly after. They reintroduced backing the currency with gold in 1921(?) I believe before stopping back the currency with gold in 1931 and legally in 1933.
Quote by metharian
Dude the gold standard was replaced a long time ago.

In the history of humans, under a century is not a long time ago. Was it not in this thread that I stated that this generation is prone to accepting "free floating money" because it is all that has ever been known to them?

Quote by metharian
Sudden inflation and deflation, or even a war which could threaten the currency market in a nation can have much more negative effects on a commodity based system.

What much more negative effects on a commodity based system?

Yeah, lets let the rich as hell print off money to pay for their war debts, its a free floating system, it's ok, its more flexible!

I see people fighting over food due to inflation DUE TO THE FEDERAL RESERVE PISSING MONEY at some point in the future of the United States, maybe intensified consequences from a free floating system will make more starve?

I don't buy this bullshit

Quote by metharian
They reintroduced backing the currency with gold in 1921(?) I believe before stopping back the currency with gold in 1931 and legally in 1933.

I have silver and gold certificates from way back that my uncle gave to me as a gift as a child and told me exactly why I couldn't cash them. Maybe I have a bias here, but hey I'm glad to have gold, guns, and ganja prepared.
So the Americans only ended the gold standard in the 1920s(?) i believe please correct me if im wrong im not american. Thats 91 years im going to call it a century because im lazy. The earliest form of a commodity based currency would have been in Sweden nearly 500 years ago. Prior to that for like 4500 years we primarily relied on a barter system, with small currencies occasionally popping up that were issued by the government that had a value attached to them for some apparent reasons but they failed.

Even having a commodity based system is a relatively new system in the history of man. But we need to accept that the free floating system has been around for 20% of the time since the first commodity system. I'm justifying that the commodity based system is dated as it relies on the idea that we need to be able to redeem our currency for some asset. Doing this would slow down the financial system and discourage investment with money. A free floating system encourages people to invest and mange their financial assets and not rely on the security of having an asset that may or may not retain its value over time.
Quote by metharian
So the Americans only ended the gold standard in the 1920s(?) i believe please correct me if im wrong im not american. Thats 91 years im going to call it a century because im lazy. The earliest form of a commodity based currency would have been in Sweden nearly 500 years ago. Prior to that for like 4500 years we primarily relied on a barter system, with small currencies occasionally popping up that were issued by the government that had a value attached to them for some apparent reasons but they failed.

Even having a commodity based system is a relatively new system in the history of man. But we need to accept that the free floating system has been around for 20% of the time since the first commodity system. I'm justifying that the commodity based system is dated as it relies on the idea that we need to be able to redeem our currency for some asset. Doing this would slow down the financial system and discourage investment with money. A free floating system encourages people to invest and mange their financial assets and not rely on the security of having an asset that may or may not retain its value over time.

This post is a huge delusion.

So there was not a unit economy set up until half a millennium ago to replace the barter economies?

Okay, so for the first ~200,000 years of what we call humans interacting with each other all goods are backed by are inherited value.

Then a century ago we changed this and we totally aren't playing with fire pointed at the lower and middle classes who don't have assets of all sorts stored away.

Let's look at how the states are doing... after WWII everybody else was destroyed and we were busy manufacturing the world because it was absolutely needed. During this time it is pretty certain that the dollar will work for the time being, fast foward a few generations though. Surely this current generation is dealing with plenty of opportunity for manufacturing and a vision of surplus for OUR nation!
Last edited by garden of grey at Sep 15, 2011,
Quote by garden of grey
In the history of humans, under a century is not a long time ago. Was it not in this thread that I stated that this generation is prone to accepting "free floating money" because it is all that has ever been known to them?

Yeah man, fuck Richard Nixon.
Quote by garden of grey

What much more negative effects on a commodity based system?

Yeah, lets let the rich as hell print off money to pay for their war debts, its a free floating system, it's ok, its more flexible!

It's not just their war, its America's wars. As well its true the system is more flexible im not saying that justifies printing more money, but keep in mind im not defending the fed. Printing money to pay debts is a terrible idea.

Im just speaking as a student double majoring in political science and economics with a specialization in financial banking

Also nope, the Swedish had what is considered the first successful commodity based currency which was started 500 years ago
Last edited by metharian at Sep 15, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus

And that will never happen because China is getting annoyed with us, and wont lend us money, so their next bright idea is to just print the money they need, which causes the problem of inflation.

Their next bright idea is actually to become to global reserve currency. It'll mean big changes for America. Personally I can't wait. It'll **** its self up so badly that it'll not only not be a global super power, but it won't even be a first world country anymore.

"But we still have this stockpile of 70,000ish nuclear missles"
No-one cares America, here's a Yuan, go buy yourself a snickers.
Last edited by Casketcreep at Sep 15, 2011,
Quote by garden of grey

Let's look at how the states are doing... after WWII everybody else was destroyed and we were busy manufacturing the world because it was absolutely needed. During this time it is pretty certain that the dollar will work for the time being, fast foward a few generations though. Surely this current generation is dealing with plenty of opportunity for manufacturing and a vision of surplus for OUR nation!

This has little to actually do with actual monetary systems and more to do with economic and political situations. As well the Canadians were also in a nice place following WW1, we were in a position similar to the states except we are smaller and therefore didnt have the same surplus even though it may have been proportional
Quote by JDizzle787
Yeah man, fuck Richard Nixon.

Yeah, that's totally what I said.

No, **** Richard Nixon for the stupid ass trillion spent on a war on drugs and **** Richard Nixon for making me sit in a jail cell this summer for ten days for "guilt by association of possession of marijuana".

Quote by metharian
It's not just their war, its America's wars. As well its true the system is more flexible im not saying that justifies printing more money, but keep in mind im not defending the fed. Printing money to pay debts is a terrible idea.

Good to know.

Im just speaking as a student double majoring in political science and economics with a specialization in financial banking

Legit
yea lol. This is what i spent all day doing. Not gonna lie it can be pretty dry material, although when i saw this topic come up i cried tears of happiness that i could apply what i know
Quote by metharian
This has little to actually do with actual monetary systems and more to do with economic and political situations. As well the Canadians were also in a nice place following WW1, we were in a position similar to the states except we are smaller and therefore didnt have the same surplus even though it may have been proportional

Exactly, an unbacked dollar worked fine in the decades after due to situational terms.

Let's see where an unbacked dollar goes as we lose our status as a hyperpower.

Just kidding, that can't happen, "USA!", "USA!" The wealth of Portugal was forever and the British can still tell people to do shit, lol.
Last edited by garden of grey at Sep 15, 2011,
Lol at conspiracy theorists. Seriously, you should all know by now that it's really lizard people controlling everything.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
As long as people still believe that the country backing their currency will still be stable for the foreseeable future that still should be an issue. Sweden hasn't had superpower status and their floating currency works and the IMF are tasked with helping the maintain the floating system so thats another security as we have many nations working to ensure its success
The United States of America is the land of chaos, we are not like ye Swedes in terms of agreeing on everything lol.
Quote by blizzboy
That was hilarious.

Are you referring to my excess of the word "lol" or the reptilian shapeshifters?

Watch out, they grab you by them first and second chakras.
Quote by Casketcreep
Their next bright idea is actually to become to global reserve currency. It'll mean big changes for America. Personally I can't wait. It'll **** its self up so badly that it'll not only not be a global super power, but it won't even be a first world country anymore.

"But we still have this stockpile of 70,000ish nuclear missles"
No-one cares America, here's a Yuan, go buy yourself a snickers.

If America goes down, so does the rest of the world, including where you live. Since everything is based off the dollar, if it crashes, so does everything else, thus, the entire world will go back into the dark ages, so you better hope it doesn't.
That's not true at all Ethan. And I didn't say crash, because that's not even the something that could happen.
Where are you getting this from?

The global reseve will change to a different currency (deliberately). That doesn't affect my pounds sterling in the same way it will effect the dollar. America will still be in trillions of dollars of debt with no way at all to ease it.
Page 1 of 2