I know I sound like a moron but I don't wanna blow up anything. I'm using an Ampeg VL 502 tube head with a 100 watt Crate cab. My confusion is the head has two inputs in the back labeled "speaker" one right and one left. Second my Crate cab has three inputs, here's a picture of what it looks like because it sounds too confusing when I try to explain it.

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/Joshmosh666/?action=view&current=IMG-20110915-00206.jpg

Now does it matter which speaker jack I use on the back of the head, left or right? And for best results which jack should I connect it to via back of the cabinet? I know I sound clueless but I'd rather be safe than sorry and this is my first tube head after always using solid state, so I wanna take the most care of it. Thanks in advance.
ampeg looks like it has 4, 8 or 16 ohm output option. flip it the amp to 4 ohm operation and connect the speaker out from the head to the Left/In jack on the cab (the jack in the middle).

this matches the output of the amp (4 ohms) to the rating of the cabinet (4 ohms in mono).

the stereo option is for running a stereo head or two heads with the cabinet.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Thanks guys, the back plate where I took the picture still shows ohms in the picture, the only thing the flash hid was a serial number. And with my old solid state head I used the middle jack on the cab like you said above (sorry I'm on my phone at work so I can't quote). But does it matter which speaker jack I use on the head? I'm not sure if they're the same or not, and yes the head can be set to 4 8 or 16 ohms.
whatever you do....make sure you have a speaker cable to connect the them. do not use a regular guitar lead!!
What gumbi said. From one of the outputs on the amp to the left/in on the cab and switch the amp to 4 ohm.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
What gumbi said. From one of the outputs on the amp to the left/in on the cab and switch the amp to 4 ohm.

I know but he didn't specify if it mattered with jack on the amp, but I'll take it that it doesn't.
Quote by spiritofjosh
I know but he didn't specify if it mattered with jack on the amp, but I'll take it that it doesn't.

either 'speaker out' jack on the head should work fine. they should be wired in parallel together.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
either 'speaker out' jack on the head should work fine. they should be wired in parallel together.

Thanks man, just figured better safe than sorry.