Hey everybody. Yesterday I posted a thread asking about how to make a call to USA MI. Later on when guys did show some interest in finding out what happened I said they could read my blog cause I'm just writing some updates and all and am doing it to struggle with a mentally ill state I have. People started calling me an adbot even though I have been here since 2007 and have contributed a lot of (at least for me it was a lot) stuff to the site/forums and you can also see my complete profile.

My question is is posting a link to your blog that has no kind of advertisement (may be other than stock ads from the website or something idk) and is solely about you and your life/thoughts (no product ads, etc. nothing related really) illegal here? I've went thru the pits rules and I didn't see anything against it. Also I posted a thread on that blog itself and nobody really "felt bad" about it.

TL;DR: is posting a link to your blog illegal here?
I just want to clarify for future reference
adbots are evolving!!!!!

Edit: Lol ermmmm not to sure can't be bothered to look TBPH. Maybe just copy and paste your blog onto a blog on this site.......then we can all see and no linkage
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Sep 15, 2011,
Well, wouldn't it count as advertising?..
But then again, people post links to their myspace/facebook page, so I don't know..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by NakedInTheRain
I gotta give you your due, man, for surviving over 4 years as an adbot.

I was a highly trained one! surviving in the pit for 4 years that's like a bigger achievement than the flight to the moon and now to the mars

Well, wouldn't it count as advertising?.. But then again, people post links to their myspace/facebook page, so I don't know..

well yeah it is advertising but you're advertising yourself right? And it's not that you're making money out of it. Its like "hey mate have you read that thing I wrote" or "Hey dude have you heard my band?" and they're going like "omg you're advertising"

Pretty sure it's advertising. But you know, instead of making a thread about it, why not just pm a mod?

muledit:
Its like "hey mate have you read that thing I wrote" or "Hey dude have you heard my band?" and they're going like "omg you're advertising"

That is advertising.
But there is also a sub forum for that so idk
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Sep 15, 2011,
Quote by Vendetta V

I was a highly trained one! surviving in the pit for 4 years that's like a bigger achievement than the flight to the moon and now to the mars

well yeah it is advertising but you're advertising yourself right? And it's not that you're making money out of it. Its like "hey mate have you read that thing I wrote" or "Hey dude have you heard my band?" and they're going like "omg you're advertising"

Well, have you thought if PMing a mod and asking just to make sure?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
from the rules:

Quote by The Rules
NO ADVERTISING - This does not include linking to sites that are relevant to a particular discussion, or linking to your profile on a social networking site.

so you should be safe with a blog. pm someone just in case.
yeah well I only got the thread closed so it's not that I received a warning but people's reaction was a bit weird.

and yeah it's my personal blog which could go under Social networking site profile and was also relevant to the particular discussion.

What I'm saying may be is, did people start actually getting butthurt on everything? I dont mean to offend anybody but surely some guys here are taking some stuff for granted?

Again I'm sorry if that sounds offensive, I mean none
reading that thread, it did seem a little suss. i wouldn't bring it up in a thread if it's not relevant to the topic.

edit: and no, from my understanding, i don't think it had relevance to the topic.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Sep 15, 2011,
Yeah I remember wondering why that was closed when I read it then I looked at the comments and everyone was calling you an adbot, so I guess the mod must have quickly skimmed through your thread, read the comments and assumed it should be closed.
I needed an urgent call. I said it was a matter of death and life. then I said I have that little blog where I write about how I am spending my days now in a very mentally disturbing way and how I'll write about it in the next post... What was so advertising or yeah if i jsut post a thread and say I have a blog check it out they dont say it's advertising then i post it in another thread of mine and they say it is