Just a quick question.....Does the Small Stone nano sound as good as the Small Stone USA 'classic chassis?'
FWIW, the Neo ones are supposed to sound as good as the regular ones, but in the Nano size.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Ichabod Crane
Just a quick question.....Does the Small Stone nano sound as good as the Small Stone USA 'classic chassis?'

TBH I havnt heard the classic but the Nano Electro Harmonix Small Stone pedal is awesome. Nice wet analog tones.
I have the nano and it sounds awesome. not played the origional though, but i heard there is a big volume drop with the origional, which isnt present in the nano.
Bass:Squire Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
Guitar: Fender Mexican Telecaster Standard
Pedals: Boss ME-25>EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi>EHX Small Stone
Bass Amp: Orange Crush 100
Amp: Fender Mustang II
Thanks for all your replies. I already have a Phase 90 but I'd like a more 'swirly' phase like the original small stone has..... As it's almost impossible to try an original, I just wondered about the nano, certainly the demo's on youtube sound really nice. Thanks again.
Just as an update, I've just bought a USA Small Stone off ebay, and it is so much warmer and lush sounding than the Phase 90, which seems harsh by comparison. I guess both have their place. But it's good to have both to use as required. Who said greedy? lol
Although a moot point, here's info on the different versions with sample clips for comparison's sake:

http://www.pedalarea.com/small_stone.htm

Which version did you pick up? I have a USA Version 2 (reputed to be the warmest sounding) that me and the studio tech I work with modded to fix the volume drop and add true bypass and an LED.
Gear
  • 2004 Am. Strat
  • 2004 Mex. Tele
  • 2005 Esteve Classical

• Vox Valvetronix AD15VT w/ foot switch

• Vox 847
  • EH Stereo Polychorus
  • Ibanez TS-808
  • EH Big Muff Germanium 4
  • EH Small Clone
  • EH Small Stone (USA Ver 2)
  • EH LPB-1
  • PlusEBow
I'm not altogether sure. It's the EHX 4800, so I'm guessing it's version 4? Sounds really lovely though...
Quote by stykerwolf
wait til you try an mk2, that's real phasing

A chance would be a fine thing, they're like gold dust! lol