so i was thinking about buying a single coil sized humbucker for my squier strat. the reason for this is that i dont really use it anymore since i can get a much better single coil sound with my jaguar and i want some variation. im going to use it mainly for alternative rock and grunge, stuff like nirvana. what would you suggest. i have a budget of max 100 euro but would rather spend less

thanks
I really like DiMarzio stacked humbuckers. I had a Chopper for a number of years and it's a great pickup. Rolled off treble and pretty thick distortion for its size.
Hi, I'm Peter
If your after a nirvana kind of sound, Kurt used seymour duncan hotrails in his strats. hope that helps man.
ye ive been looking at the hot rails mainly...are they good? its not only for KC but its was after seeing him play anhss strat that i decided id like some more variation
Quote by '93
ye ive been looking at the hot rails mainly...are they good? its not only for KC but its was after seeing him play anhss strat that i decided id like some more variation

As far as Duncans go, I liked my lil '59 and Cool Rails a lot better than my Hot Rails. The latter just sounds a bit shrill to me and isn't terribly versatile. I have no experience with Dimarzios.

This may or may not be relevant to you, but I've had each of the three mentioned above installed in my strat for a couple of months and always went back to a single coil and just rolling down the tone knob a bit for use with heavier overdrive. It does a far more convincing job at a whole range of different sounds, whereas the '59 and HR were one-trick-ponies, and even at their respective tricks, they weren't much better than the single coil. The CR was a bit more flexible, but I still prefer the single coil.
the hot rails is amazing IMO .. i have a strat hss with a full size seymour duncan distortion humbucker ( sh-6 ) .. and a strat with a single coil size humbucker HOt rails ... and i much prefer the sound of the hot rails vs the sh-6 .

but the sh-6 has a lot of gain , bass .. its great for punk rokc, metal etc.. the pinch harmonic come out wonderful on it .

best pickup ive used so far . i love it . its a high gain pickup . so dont expect some soft rock tones ( unless you roll back the volume ) .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
so im soon going to get the pickup and i saw the dimarzio tone zone which seems to have added mid and bass. and i tinhk thats kind of what i want. a nice thick, heavy lead guitar sound. are they good?