http://www.allansbillyhyde.com.au/prodcat/Guitar_Amps_and_Effects/

That's the site there. They've agreed to import a Schecter Damien FR7 Elite, and let me pay for it on layby. Anyhow, I've been using Guitar Rig 4 for some time, and I'm no longer impressed with it. I need an amplifier that will take a thrashing. I wanted a Peavey 6505, but they don't have them, and I found out they're out of my price range.

I need an amp that will suit bands ranging from Metallica, to Kataklysm, and most importantly, Strapping Young Lad.

Not wanting to spend over $1500, and the cheaper the better. A cab/head is fine if people think it's better suited.
Look into the blackstar range. They have tons of price winning amps for not a lot of money.
I suggest the HT-5 head, U get crushing gains and really nice cleans.
That was actually something I had thought about. They have price/performance. Unfortunately, the site doesn't carry them.
i think this may be you least expensive option. i haven't played it though so i can't speak on behalf of the tone. http://www.allansbillyhyde.com.au/prod/CRFW120H/Crate_FW120H_Flex_Wave_Head.aspx

however, the jet city amps are great. if you were to go with the 50w combo you could put a full tone OCD in front of it for a little more gain and you'll be able to hit your metallica stuff no problem. so i'd suggest the jet city but the crate would be the cheapest option
this might go better if we knew what the site does have. no point in rattling off a bunch of options if they aren't available.
Quote by monwobobbo
this might go better if we knew what the site does have. no point in rattling off a bunch of options if they aren't available.
Ampeg
Blackheart
Crate
Engl (far to expensive haha)
Epiphone
Fender
Gretsch
Hiwatt
Ibanez
Jet City
Laney
Line 6 (this seems the most viable option so far)
Markbass
Marshall
Mesa Boogie
Mi Audio
Orange
Roland
Vox
Yamaha

You can throw some model names at me, and I'll tell you if they have them, if you don't want to click the link yourself.
How much power do you need bro? $1500 won't get you much down here sadly (the Jet City JCA100 head is about $1400 on it's own without a cab) So if you want a valve amp you'll probably have to settle for a small low wattage one, Blackheart or Jet City for my choice (although with either you may need to boost them with some kind of dist/overdrive for higher gain sounds). If you need more power and you're down with solid state gear HiWatt are solid and affordable, although you might need a distortion pedal of some kind to achieve uber gain sounds. The Ibanez TBX series offers outstanding value for money: Solid cleans, decent mid-gain sounds and mind blowing high-gain. In your price range the TBX150H + cab would be my pick, I owned one for a few years and even gigged with it for a while and it never let me down.
Last edited by Waylanderau at Sep 16, 2011,
Don't need a stack of power. Will probably never leave my room/buy another amp again, so trying to get it right the first time. Never having used a cab/head setup, is there anything wrong with using a Line 6 POD, into a cab?
What about the 20w Jet City then how much do they run new/used in Aussie. Its a good amp I just don't know the price markup on stuff down there but by wants been mentioned so far it looks like its big.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
bluestrat>> Take the US price, double it and then add a bit extra that about covers gear prices in oz.
Seems the Jet City stuff is a bit cheaper than I remember though:The JCA20H head is around the $430 mark, not sure on a matching cab. a JCA2112RC combo comes in around $550.
Quote by Waylanderau
bluestrat>> Take the US price, double it and then add a bit extra that about covers gear prices in oz.
Seems the Jet City stuff is a bit cheaper than I remember though:The JCA20H head is around the $430 mark, not sure on a matching cab. a JCA2112RC combo comes in around $550.

Jet City stuff is best to import since they have the voltage switch.

If you know what youre doing, you can get great prices on gear anywhere.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by Mind_Reader7
I'm located in Perth. I don't have a lot of cash, hence putting it on layby.

Fair enough, would you consider going used? You might be able to make your money stretch a bit further that way. Of course you wouldn't have the option of paying it off then.
Quote by BrainCrasher
That place is overpriced!

the truth.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by Waylanderau
Fair enough, would you consider going used? You might be able to make your money stretch a bit further that way. Of course you wouldn't have the option of paying it off then.
I have very little monies. Just want to pay like $200 a week. That way any money left over after rent, this payment, food etc, can go on my car.
Quote by BrainCrasher
That place is overpriced!
I buy 90% of my things online, but when I'm going to dish out a large chunk of cash, I want a warranty where I don't have to post things back and forth.
Quote by Mind_Reader7
I have very little monies. Just want to pay like $200 a week. That way any money left over after rent, this payment, food etc, can go on my car.

you could take $200 a week and stash it away
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by Mind_Reader7
I buy 90% of my things online, but when I'm going to dish out a large chunk of cash, I want a warranty where I don't have to post things back and forth.

Well I buy 90% of my stuff online too. I have to pay 15% tax + 18% ..some crap.. on anything more than $200. I'm never buying anything that's not rated good, I don't care about warranty, but that's why I spent 10 hours a day here

TC, try this VAT free, u pay only for shipping
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
dont do it. that tiny terror is well overpriced!
I was about to note that $1000 for a 15w amp seems a little crazy.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Last edited by Eppicurt at Sep 16, 2011,
Quote by greeny23
good god no.

did you not see my links?!
I saw those, and did consider the Blackstar one, but if it breaks 5 days afte getting it, I'm boned.
Quote by Mind_Reader7
I saw those, and did consider the Blackstar one, but if it breaks 5 days afte getting it, I'm boned.

theres nothing saying one you get at the store will be any better.

good luck anyway..
mojostompboxes.com