Gretsch White Falcon
6 33%
PRS Studio
5 28%
Egnater Renegade 112
7 39%
Voters: 18.
Hi Guys,

ive recently been posting many thread because i am deciding between buying a few guitars or amps. i currently have a gibson les paul studio w/ Gibson P-94T in the bridge position and i have a Vox AC15VR.
i want to know what you guys think i should get (what is ideal for now) and i will get the other in maybe another year and a half or something.

so i was thinking, should i get the:

Egnater Renegade 112

or

Gretsch White Falcon

or

PRS Studio

i play a lot of blues, classic rock, funk rock and some hard rock as well as some alternative rock. i play very little metal. my current amp is not a full tube amp but rather a semi-tube semi-solid state (it is the vox valve reactor) my gibson les paul is an amazing guitar but i am looking to get more tonal versatility (a single coil hollow body (gretsch white falcon) or mini humbuckers and full humbucker with coil splitting (PRS Studio) or is it more worth it to get a full tube amp (egnater renegade), another good thing about the renegade is that it has a midi output for recording and all sorts of other feature and is very versatile and its 65 watts.

should i get the gretsch white falcon, prs studio or the egnater renegade 112?
please also explain why

thanks
while i love the gretsch white falcon, i wouldn't consider it to be extremely versatile. it's a great guitar, but of the two guitars the PRS Studio would be a lot more versatile.

as far as amp vs guitar? it depends on how much you like your vox.

any way to sell off the vox (and the Ibanez TBX30) and get 2 of the 3 you list? maybe a used renegade from a store like GC that may have some used at a lower price and a 30 day grace period? and then get a deal on a PRS Studio?

that would make for a very versatile rig.

edit: just saw you are in the UK, which negates most of my post except it's train of thought.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 15, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020
while i love the gretsch white falcon, i wouldn't consider it to be extremely versatile. it's a great guitar, but of the two guitars the PRS Studio would be a lot more versatile.

any way to sell off the vox (and the Ibanez TBX30) and get 2 of the 3 you list? maybe a used renegade from a store like GC that may have some used at a lower price and a 30 day grace period? and then get a deal on a PRS Studio?

edit: just saw you are in the UK, which negates most of my post except it's train of thought.

thanks, i could try it out. i do really like my vox's tone but the full tube setup and extra features and versatility of the egnater really catch my eye. when i said tonal versatility i didnt necesserily mean on one guitar, i just meant my rig altogether but i am having trouble choosing between the PRS and the Gretsch but a shop half an hour from where i live sell PRS guitars for only around $2500 which is very cheap but there is also someone on ebay selling 2nd hand gretsch white falcons for $2300 in good condition. what do you say i go for and if i dont sell my vox and ibanez what would you recommend then? guitar or amp?
I'd say get the Renegade.
What's the point of playing great guitars through a mediocre amp?
Quote by JesusCrisp
I'd say get the Renegade.
What's the point of playing great guitars through a mediocre amp?

thats the reason that i havnt bought them already...
The Les Paul is a good guitar, why upgrade it when you have a mediocre amp? Buy a good amp first.
Quote by gregs1020

to go along with gregs, i have to say that the prs studio will be much more versatile of a guitar. not because i'm a fanboy, but because i've tried the gretsch and the white falcon. hell i've tried most guitars under the sun, so i can tell you that while the gretsch has a cool sound of its own, it only has that one cool sound.

the prs studio was built and meant to be a diverse guitar, with a plethora of great sounds, and it delivers. you can get stratty, twangy, heavy, lp-ish, rockabilly, bluesy, metally, and more on that one guitar.

i couldn't see myself doing anything hard rockish, metally, or stratish on the white falcon, it just didn't have those tones. but for rockabilly and blues, its awesome.

however, the studio is awesome on rockabilly and blues as well......

i say out of the 3 listed, the studio would help you the most. the egnater is good, but you already have a decent amp, and re-eq'ing the amp will help you get different sounds too.

but its totally up to you, just thought i would throw in my .02
Quote by itamar101
thats the reason that i havnt bought them already...

Then you know the answer.
Amp.

There's no point building a collection of guitars unless you have the right amp to play them through. I made that mistake and it's so much better when you do it right.

Of the guitars, as has been said above PRS > Gretsch. White Falcons are beautiful but you'd probably have more fun with the PRS going on what you say you play. The Gretsch has a very distinct sound - it's not your straight up and down single-coil/hollowbody.
thanks guys, ill go for the egnater renegade and if ill try to sell my other amps to make some money for the prs studio thanks for the advice
Quote by itamar101
thanks guys, ill go for the egnater renegade and if ill try to sell my other amps to make some money for the prs studio thanks for the advice

solid thought process right there. good luck with the moves.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
solid thought process right there. good luck with the moves.

thanks