I am in the process of getting rid of my JCM 2000 DSL 100, quite simple because I do not gig and it is too much for house volume. I know that the 6505 is loud as well, but it also takes up a lot less room. My question, and I have searched the forums already, is whehter it is possible to get a nice clean tone out of this amp?

Many people love the metal tones and that is what attracted me to the amp, but on the chance that I am in a somber, bluesy mood I want to be able to get there with this amp. thanks for the help.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I'm assuming you're talking about the 112 combo, in which case I'd recommend the Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 to you. It sounds much better at much lower volumes, and it can do any style you throw at it without batting an eyelash.

Downside is you pedals will be pretty much useless with it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
you would probably be better of getting a blackstar amp. great for metal and better cleans
yeah, as much as i love my peavey, cleans are terrible. As for a metal amp, they are popular and preferred by many for a reason!!
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
great idea on the vypyr but i already have the pedals. Blackstar have great amps, so thanks for reminding me. I also am really wondering about the cleans out of the 6505+, and yes I was talking about the 112.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
great idea on the vypyr but i already have the pedals. Blackstar have great amps, so thanks for reminding me. I also am really wondering about the cleans out of the 6505+, and yes I was talking about the 112.

i have a 112 at home for my personal use. the cleans start to break up easily with volume. The only way i can get cleans is by majorly lowering the guitar volume and switching to neck pickup. BTW, im using EMG 81/85 @18V so they do drive the signal pretty hard. Add a chorus pedal and it should be ok

Quote by gregs1020

I have a chorus so thanks for the heads up, I also have active pickups but not with an 18v, mine are only at 9v. i am just hpoing to manage a blues or jazz tone when needed. I have an acoustic if i am desperate for it being really clean.
Line 6 M13
try before u buy.

Quote by gregs1020

I've had this amp for some time

It has a great clean channel, but it totally depends on your guitar. It sounds crap on my metal Ibanez, and sounds really wonderful on my stratocaster. You can actually get some pretty good blues, crunch or vintage tone out of it - just requires spending some time with knobs.
Quote by bobafettacheese
I have a chorus so thanks for the heads up, I also have active pickups but not with an 18v, mine are only at 9v. i am just hpoing to manage a blues or jazz tone when needed. I have an acoustic if i am desperate for it being really clean.

You should be able to get a decent clean tone to satisfy your needs.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean