Hey i wasnt sure if this went into this catagory or the guitar building and customizing but anyway ive got an esp ex 50 and i wanna change the bridge pickup any suggestions on what pickup i should get i play metal sort of metallica, megadeth, slayer and all that sort of stuff but has to be a passive anytone have any suggestions
btw i have already looked at
Di Marzio x2n
EMG H1B <---Really like
seymour duncan invader
gibson dirty fingers
thankkkss alott
Check out the bareknuckle Nailbomb and some of there other pickups, theyre expensive but damn well worth it!
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
If you're in the US, check out a GFS Crunchy Pat, or maybe a Power Rails. GFS make pretty good stuff for the price, and I personally wouldn't recommend buying an expensive pickup for such a cheap guitar.

Also keep in mind that your amp is what's really going to form your tone. So if your amp isn't capable of doing what you want, no amount of pickups or pedals will fix that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Recently, a lot of Ugers have been recommending Bareknuckles -and with good reason.

But what I really came here to stress:
Quote by Offworld92

Also keep in mind that your amp is what's really going to form your tone. So if your amp isn't capable of doing what you want, no amount of pickups or pedals will fix that.

Was this.
call me ziggy.
Quote by Offworld92
If you're in the US, check out a GFS Crunchy Pat, or maybe a Power Rails. GFS make pretty good stuff for the price, and I personally wouldn't recommend buying an expensive pickup for such a cheap guitar.

I would not worry about putting expensive pickups in such a cheap guitar as when you inevitably upgrade you can just move the pickups on to the new axe as long as you leave youself plenty of wire to work with.

Also dont pay too much mind to getting a really high output pickup as the whole point in these high output pickups was to push valve amps which did not have enough gain. The same can be achieved witha on od or boost.

Frankly too much output = mud which is whaty the invader suffers from and the one thing you need to play metal is clarity. That said, my Dimarzio super3 is my fave metal pickup and it has pretty high output. It also sounds awesome in parralel config, kinda like an majorly angry tele!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Bareknucks are geat. Just make sure u get something that will compliment ur set up.
What amp? No point in upgrading your pickups if you are using a practice amp.
Quote by Sputnik1
What amp? No point in upgrading your pickups if you are using a practice amp.

wellni either use an alrighty behringer or guitar rig through some bad ass speakers but im soon getting a vypr
I've had very good luck with the Duncan Distortions. Loud, good tone and they'll definitely serve for metal.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
some people are kind of against it but the seymour duncan dimebucker is a great pickup. i've had it in my dean razorback for over a year now and i love it.
Quote by NathanBell
wellni either use an alrighty behringer or guitar rig through some bad ass speakers but im soon getting a vypr

A better amp is much more important than better pickups.
I'd even probably recommend saving the money from pickups and buying a better amp.
Although the vyper is pretty good.

We can't really make any suggestions without a budget though
RIP Gooze

cats
eliminate the X2N off your list. it literally has to be the worst sounding pickup i have played. it has tons of output, but just sounds terrible.

as far as the BKP, you can always take them out when you move on to a new guitar and put them in the new one and put the stockers off the guitar you have now.

if you ever change a guitar's pickups, keep the origionals, because if you sell it, the value doesn't increase a dime no matter what pickups are in it. if you put the origionals back in, you get to keep the good pickups and move them along to your next guitar and put the stockers in the old one and pretty get the same amount of cash for the guitar as if you would have left $150-300 in pickups in.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
eliminate the X2N off your list. it literally has to be the worst sounding pickup i have played. it has tons of output, but just sounds terrible.

as far as the BKP, you can always take them out when you move on to a new guitar and put them in the new one and put the stockers off the guitar you have now.

if you ever change a guitar's pickups, keep the origionals, because if you sell it, the value doesn't increase a dime no matter what pickups are in it. if you put the origionals back in, you get to keep the good pickups and move them along to your next guitar and put the stockers in the old one and pretty get the same amount of cash for the guitar as if you would have left $150-300 in pickups in.

not true. i'd definitely be willing to pay extra for a guitar outfitted with new pickups if they're good quality. not saying i'd pay over the new price or anything but an extra 150-200 over the average used price for a guitar with bkp in it would be fair.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Goodtimes666
not true. i'd definitely be willing to pay extra for a guitar outfitted with new pickups if they're good quality. not saying i'd pay over the new price or anything but an extra 150-200 over the average used price for a guitar with bkp in it would be fair.

while some people will pay extra for aftermarket pickups many won't. don't forget that there are many guitar players that aren't familiar with those pickups. figure anyone looking for a low end guitar just wants something cheap and doesn't care to spend a bunch of money on something they aren't familiar with. if you trade the guitar in to a shop they won't pay extra for the pickups.

always figure you'll take a hit when selling used anyways. most guys won't give you anywhere near the full value of the pups used even if they are willing to kick in extra for the guitar.
Get the bareknuckles if you like flubby, bloated lower mids and shit-awful top end definition.

If you want a pickup that will actually suit your lust for early thrash metal tones, you want something with a metric ****tonne of mid-range output. Duncan Distortion (SH6) springs to mind.
Quote by Kikuta
Get the bareknuckles if you like flubby, bloated lower mids and shit-awful top end definition.

If you want a pickup that will actually suit your lust for early thrash metal tones, you want something with a metric ****tonne of mid-range output. Duncan Distortion (SH6) springs to mind.

Someone has no idea what they are talking about.
Quote by Sputnik1
Someone has no idea what they are talking about.

Go on and correct me if you think I've got it wrong. I'd like to hear your expert opinion.
Quote by Kikuta
Go on and correct me if you think I've got it wrong. I'd like to hear your expert opinion.

I along with countless others in this forum love Bareknuckles. Sorry you got a couple of knockoffs and need to bash them.
Quote by Kikuta

lol this guy again
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Sputnik1
I along with countless others in this forum love Bareknuckles. Sorry you got a couple of knockoffs and need to bash them.

Countless others on this forum also think Boss still makes good pedals, that Valvekings are good amps, and that a set of pickups will solve every problem under the sun instead of replacing the combo modeller they bought on clearance. No-one ever said the masses had any clue what sounds good.

Oh, and I'd be stunned if the manufacturer would send me a 'couple of knockoffs'. I figured when I bought a set of painkillers from them I'd be pretty much guaranteed they'd be genuine.
Quote by Kikuta
Countless others on this forum also think Boss still makes good pedals, that Valvekings are good amps, and that a set of pickups will solve every problem under the sun instead of replacing the combo modeller they bought on clearance. No-one ever said the masses had any clue what sounds good.

Oh, and I'd be stunned if the manufacturer would send me a 'couple of knockoffs'. I figured when I bought a set of painkillers from them I'd be pretty much guaranteed they'd be genuine.

Wow you don't know anything about GG&A! The answer to every question is " GET A NEW AMP"!
Quote by Sputnik1
Wow you don't know anything about GG&A! The answer to every question is " GET A NEW AMP"!

How many times have we had to say "GET A NEW AMP"? And then, how many times do you think whoever is asking for advice actually goes and GETS a new amp?
Quote by Kikuta
How many times have we had to say "GET A NEW AMP"? And then, how many times do you think whoever is asking for advice actually goes and GETS a new amp?

It's not our fault they don't listen to us. You are the one who said that we always tell others to get effects/pickups before a new amp.
Quote by Sputnik1

lol yes.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Sputnik1
It's not our fault they don't listen to us. You are the one who said that we always tell others to get effects/pickups before a new amp.

I don't beleive I did. I referred to the near endless flow of users signing up asking what $200 pickup will make their $150 guitar sound better, not the minority that actually knows better (in that situation).
Quote by Kikuta

well hey id love to take the Painkillers off your hands. PM me...
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by Goodtimes666

you might. it doesn't increase the value though for the market. bring a guitar into guitar center with BKP's in it and you wont get $20 more for it selling it to them with the pickups in it. i just ran down there with a freind with his Epi that had EMG's installed with it, and i dont really remember what epi model was, but they offered him like $150, obviously we all know that the EMG set itself costs more than that.

i watch craigslist and see things that sell and i typically buy several things a week off there, and sell a few too. the more modded it is, the longer it sits there until they lower the price close but maybe $20 over the competitors without the mods.

you do not get your money back with mods on a guitar in 90% of scenarios.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Kikuta

you are wrong.
so wrong.

the end.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
check out dimarzio breeds
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial