Im currently bored and unmotivated in guitar playing, my band splitted and my guitar classes ended so i have nothing to look forward to. Anyone knows any cool techniques or uncommon music theory that would be interesting to learn? Or maybe some really cool and long songs that I could learn? Something to keep me busy for a while and get my motivation up.
Quote by boomershadow
Learn the Chris Broderick Betcha Can't Play This

Im serious here, why cant you trolls actually help sometimes?
Do something really challenging! Like Glasgow Kiss by Petrucci, or Technical difficulties by Paul Gilbert. They should take a while to learn. But my other suggestion is to just play some songs from your favorite bands, easy or hard, youll get your motivation up like play your favorite solo or just listen to a ton of your favorite music, and remember why you started playin guitar! Thats the best way to get your motivation back when youve lost it!
Try to remember what the first music you ever listened to was! I did just that, and sure as heck got my inspiration and drive back up.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Quote by Pettah
Do something really challenging! Like Glasgow Kiss by Petrucci, or Technical difficulties by Paul Gilbert. They should take a while to learn. But my other suggestion is to just play some songs from your favorite bands, easy or hard, youll get your motivation up like play your favorite solo or just listen to a ton of your favorite music, and remember why you started playin guitar! Thats the best way to get your motivation back when youve lost it!

I play the songs of my favorite bands all the time and thats why I need something else to do. Petrucci and Gilbert are one of my favorite guitarists so I listen to them all the time. Now then I'd want something that I haven't done before, something completely new.
Try find some new music, like not sure if you have looked into Zappa discography deeply try learn 2nd movement of sinister footware.

Or check out some more obscure acts, like fantomas or Mr Bungle (Patton FTW)
Even Pain of Salvation have opened up a new writing style for myself
Quote by Martindecorum
Try find some new music, like not sure if you have looked into Zappa discography deeply try learn 2nd movement of sinister footware.

Or check out some more obscure acts, like fantomas or Mr Bungle (Patton FTW)
Even Pain of Salvation have opened up a new writing style for myself

Not sure of the Pain of Salvation, I listen to prog all the time so that's not really obscure or new music style... but otherwise very good advice, thanks
Put your 5 favourite song on, crank the volume up LOUD. Let the metal gods hear you, then stand up... and play like a mother F***er!

If that doesn't get you motivated try learning some of Marty Friedmans solo work or a classical piece.
I say go buy a slide and start playing the blues !
seriously now , you should try another style of music , something that will take you away from the style you have over and over again ...
learning another style offers you a new range to experiment with new techniques , or to improve the one's you already knew ...
that way , you will never loose motivation to play the guitar , just make sure you choose you next style wisely ...

And if that method fails , take a break from the guitar , really , go read a book , take a vacation , fly to another country , get married ...
the point is every now and then we all need a break , to collect our thoughts and set new goals and new challenges ...
PS : English is not my first language