going through GW mag and I saw an add for them... they run about 3x as much as the regular Ernie Ball strings.

Anyone using? Supposedly they last a really long time. Was wondering if there is a difference in tone/sound
he of tranquil mind
Got a pair on my ibanez...they seem to last longer but I play quite a lot so I don't see much of a difference to be honest...also to me they sound a little brighter.
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Custom '86 Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
Quote by Outlaw Torn
Got a pair on my ibanez...

You have only 2 our of 6? I bet thats interesting.

I don't know if titanium strings sound any better, but I imagine they probably last longer.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
You have only 2 our of 6? I bet thats interesting.

I don't know if titanium strings sound any better, but I imagine they probably last longer.

haha my bad I wasn't thinking...I meant set!
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Custom '86 Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
Quote by Vypor
I imagine they probably last longer.

I wouldn't think so. Titanium is a rather soft metal. Steel is a lot harder than Titanium.
Where's Waldo?
Titanium by itself is soft. Titanium alloys approach the hardness of heat treated alloyed steel.
Quote by chadreed32
I wouldn't think so. Titanium is a rather soft metal. Steel is a lot harder than Titanium.

Um...no, it's not soft by any means. It also has a much higher tinsel strength than any steel you can make. The only down fall to it is that it's brittle.

I've dealt with Titanium, it's not soft.
They last months. Years, if you treat them right. They sound a lot brighter than most strings though and if you do happen to break one obviously they're much more expensive. I don't think they're something that a regular bedroom player or weekend warrior needs to worry about. Probably great for professionals but there's no point for regular people when you can buy three or four packs of normal strings for the price of one pack of titanium strings.
I had them on my guitar for a while, sure they lasted longer, but If you want to go for strings which last longer, go with Elixirs.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
What's all this fuss lately with people worrying about strings lasting longer? They're cheap and take around 15 minutes to change.