Hi,
I was wondering If anyone could help me out, I'm looking for a new mid range guitar amplifier and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me to try out? My budget is up to around £600, I will be using it in a band at small-medium sized
gigs, in the studio and at home. I play mainly alternative - hard rock music bordering on metal, I would prefer a tube amp unless you have any solid state recommendations which are particularly good? My previous amp was a Marshall AVT100

Cheers
Last edited by Bourny at Sep 18, 2011,
B52 AT, somekind of bugera maybe, used 3120. Where are you located?
I would look into Traynor they are pretty cheap on thommann.de
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
The question is too open! I'd suggest Blackstar but you really need to listen to some on youtube and play some.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
See if you can stretch to an orange rocker 30 or even a thunder 30, maybe with an overdrive for the heavier stuff.
Also look at the ENGL thunder/screamer.
Last edited by ProgFolk12 at Sep 16, 2011,
Quote by bluestratplayer

+1

hard to beat the traynor ycv50b for the price thomann sells it for (~£400).

The jet city distributor has some deals on jet cities on ebay at the moment too, might be worth a look (haven't tried them, though).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Cheers for all the recommendations everyone and Dilberto I have been looking at amps on you tube and am going to try them out before buying just wanted some recommendations to try will probably head over to Andertons to try some of these out
Quote by bluestratplayer
B52 AT, somekind of bugera maybe, used 3120. Where are you located?

Hi Cheers for the recommendations, Im located in the UK