I'm sure there has been many threads on this(so if I get yelled at for not looking for other threads go ahead) but can I get some advice on feeling more creative? I feel like everything I play sounds awful. Some of the riffs I write sound cool, but then I don't know where to take them. and currently I only have an acoustic at my disposal, and no band to play with. My best friend is a drummer but he can't play very well.
I'm just looking for advice on how to make my music more enjoyable to me (yeah i know that sounds kinda selfish) without just sitting playing all of my riffs over and over again. Maybe I'm an idiot and I'm just missing the point.
Thank you
You're not an idiot. Yes there have been a lot of threads asking about creativity. The two pieces of advice I can give you are:

1) Everybody gets stumped every now and then. A riff won't fit perfectly into a song, a chord progression doesn't suit the lyrical style, a solo is just a little bit lacking, or even hitting a brick wall altogether, it's not uncommon. For me, the solution is to listen to music. My favourite three artists are Hendrix, Stereophonics and Arctic Monkeys. Listening to a few tracks is a great way to be influenced - play along and get a feel for the song, and develop it from there.

2) Everybody gets their creativity from different sources. As I said, mine comes from listening to music. But inspiration is everywhere. Go for a walk, read a newspaper, chat to your friends, learn some new scales and build riffs from them, write some lyrics to fit music to, play some guitar fills over another song. Do ANYTHING. Complaining won't get you anywhere. Be sure to record it all, if you can. Then whenever you feel you need a blues lick in A, or a quick solo in E minor, you can look through your recordings to see what you've done before, and hopefully improve on the rough takes!

Hope this was useful.

Slade.

P.S.
Smoke weed everyday
this too.
I find that messing doodling around with instruments you can't play (for example in my case, piano) can be inspirational. The piano has such a different "interface" than guitar and maybe makes you do different stuff.
It seems useful. It's just I write stuff that sounds cool, and then I never finish it. I guess I'm being impatient but sometimes I just wait way too long.
And Jyrgen I don't have access to other instruments at the moment, just an acoustic guitar
Quote by motoxninja
It seems useful. It's just I write stuff that sounds cool, and then I never finish it. I guess I'm being impatient but sometimes I just wait way too long.
And Jyrgen I don't have access to other instruments at the moment, just an acoustic guitar

Why don't you finish it?

Sooner or later, you gotta get it down. Write the song up on a piece of paper, as that'll help you turn it into a song. Develop a structure, whether it's verse, chorus, bridge or something else. Once you've got that down, start improving it.

Writing awesome songs isn't easy. A great thing someone pointed out to me once was to stop worrying about it. Stop filtering your riffs and judging them. Just accept them as they come and think of ways to make them better.
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler