so... i have the chance to get a woodland camo dean vendetta for £100

i've had a dean vendetta 1.0 (natural) before and i loved it but had to reluctantly sell it to make space and money at the time, but now i have the option of getting the camo one which has these specs:

Mahogany Body
25.5” Scale
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Mini Diamond Inlays
Sealed Tuners
Black Hardware
Floyd Rose Lic. Trem. Bridge
Dean Humbucker Pickups

image: http://www.gak.co.uk/rs/pictures/tn1_15450.jpg

emailed the seller asking for more detailed pics.

never had an FR style trem before and would be nice to have one.

now i don't have mega amounts to spend on a guitar, about £100 tops, so just wanted something i could mess about on and with and have my own personal experiences with FR trems.

should i go for it???

i am aware that dean have not got a great rep around these parts but as i said, just want something else other than what i currently have to mess about on.

current gear is:
Vox VT50
Fender classic series 60's strat
ibby GRG170DX
vox V845 wah
digitech screamin blues
EHX small clone
SHO clone (built by badgerific)
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I'm guessing that's around 100 usd, right?

If so, I'd say go for it. Especially if you can try it before you buy it.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
I would buy that without question. That guitar looks kick-ass.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
nah 100 GBP

and obv i'd try it before i bothered to even consider getting money out but the last vendetta i had actually played quite nicely.
^ Yeah, I'd get it. I've played a Dean vendetta too and the only problem I had with it were the electronics.
Other than that, the neck and overall feel was pretty damn good for a budget guitar.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
yeh the p-ups on my other one were a little bland and muddy but that can easily be sorted with some EQing
High chance for gems among the camo vendetta's, ive extensively played 2 of em and both outplayed the Dean MAB1 handsdown. The electronics are very meh but otherwise if maintained well.
Also great guitar to keep around for B drop and such tunings.
Quote by Sechter
High chance for gems among the camo vendetta's, ive extensively played 2 of em and both outplayed the Dean MAB1 handsdown. The electronics are very meh but otherwise if maintained well.
Also great guitar to keep around for B drop and such tunings.

in relation to drop B: it's got a floyd though. really CBA messing about with that...

yeh the seller advertised it as "Excellant condition, near brand new, a few small scuffs but they have been fixed and are hardly noticeable" basically there's gonna be a couple of surface scratches but that's fine with me. i just want experience with an FR locking trem so i know what i'm on about here on UG because right now i only go on what other people have said. also because i could do with another guitar... xD
You knw the best thing about that camo finish, Its really easy to sand down. The two guitarists in the band I used to be in had a shit time with both guys having the same guitar and one of them got so peeved that he sanded it down and refinished it. Even if ya CBA to try the tuning messing, just knowing the piece of wood has uses to be messed with one day is worth spending the 100 on... XD
But john mayer.............. nope thats no sound that the camo can getcha but you dont need THAT sound now eh? ;D
Quote by Sechter
You knw the best thing about that camo finish, Its really easy to sand down. The two guitarists in the band I used to be in had a shit time with both guys having the same guitar and one of them got so peeved that he sanded it down and refinished it. Even if ya CBA to try the tuning messing, just knowing the piece of wood has uses to be messed with one day is worth spending the 100 on... XD
But john mayer.............. nope thats no sound that the camo can getcha but you dont need THAT sound now eh? ;D

yehh i still want the mayer tone but just wanna have something br00talz to mess about on because i can shred/tap i just choose not to...