I've got a Schecter C1 Hellraiser and I need to get it set up by a tech somewhere locally. I don't trust myself to adjust the truss or modify the frets. I've got a few questions.

1. How would you start to look for reputable guitar techs in your town? I live in a major city so there are a plethora of guitar places around and I have no idea where to start.

2. How much does an average set up cost for a guitar? I just need to eliminate a little fret buzz I have on a few frets, and adjust my action and put on new strings. Really a basic setup with maybe a slight truss rod adjustment - but I can't tell for sure.

3. Can a tech jack up my guitar or is that pretty much impossible, or covered if they do?

Any other information that this noob would need to know for his first time taking a guitar in to get set up? I also have an old Yamaha acoustic that I'm not even sure if it has a truss rod, but I might like to have it adjusted too.
Google is your friend. When I was looking for a good luthier I just googled "New York City luthier" or "guitar tech" or whatever and came across a bunch of forums just like this one where people talked about the experiences they had with various techs. Then I called one guy up who lived close to me and who had a good rep and everything was cool.