Page 1 of 2
It's fair to say that we all have morals that we live our lives by, or try to at least. Where did you learn these morals? Were they learned from experience, from reading and agreeing with something, or were there important figures in your life that helped shape the way you think today? What things have influenced your moral outlook?

Alot of how I think morally is based on the writings of other people and what other people have said. But i'll give one example of something I learned from my mother: Like most kids usually do, when I got pissed at my mom or my dad or my sisters or somebody the response is typically "i hate you!!!!!!!!!" My mom didn't like me to say that ever. But I remember one day when I was probably on the verge of becoming a teenager I used hate and my mom taught me not to say "i hate you" or basically leave a person feeling such feelings about them. She brought up that you could wake up in the morning and be mad at a family member or somebody that you love, but what if said person got in a wreck or something bad happened that made it so you'd never see them again. So ever since that moment, i've never said "I hate you" in a serious way and try not to think that way about anybody, not holding grudges and all that.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Evolution.

The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
the Animaniacs.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
The bible.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
discussing on here. my parents' morals are kinda laughable.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
The creepy dude who would stand outside my school's playground... wonder what happened to that guy... >.>
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Everybody but no good atheists get there morals the Bible.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
I get my morals mainly from my dad, but even then not much; both my parents have fairly idiotic beliefs at times. I can't think f anyone I know who is like minded to me though. I hate to say it, because it sounds quite sad, but the internet has played a fundamental part in shaping my beliefs.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 15, 2011,
Quote by 23dannybhoy23
Pokemon.
That game teaches elementary school children to run away from home and solve their problems through dog-fighting.

If only everyone else were as wise as you
im an atheist but it was probably the bible, my mum often said when i complained about going to church, "im not forcing you to be a christian, i simply want you to grow up with christian morals."
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I've learned the basics from parents, teachers, bible, etc., but the more fine-tuned ones I've learned from experience.
It's more of a guess and check factor for me.

It became apparent that if you are nice and friendly to everyone, everyone likes you. Figured that one out on my own. Not necessarily a 'moral', but you get the point.
morals are part of ones personallity so i think it would be fair to say that we adopt it from the same sources which include the environment in which we live and our genetics. the genetics decide the way our minds will interpret our experiences within said environment, so it is incredibly hard to determine any singular thing that influences your morality as some experiences may not weight as heavy on it as other experiences. So in conclusion i will say i adopt my morals from every experience i have had as well as every experience that my ancestors have had to influence my gentetics.
It used to be whatever my parents told me, but they have changed significantly. I don't know what one thing changed me, but UG helped a lot. Most of it comes from spending more time on the internet (almost every set of ideas from every part of the world can be shared here), and questioning things more.
As long as you adhere to certain principles or schools of thought, you will usually follow the moral guidelines that govern them. For example, if you are an Altruist, you will generally hold moral viewpoints such as peace among humanity and help others regardless of self. If you're a Christian, you'd (hopefully) follow the moral guidelines presented in the texts. However, there are many cases where schools of thought disagree with each other. When you are conflicted between morals, or when I am, I then way them out on a logistic scale. Different people have different points of view and draw morals from different sources which creates rifts between people. The key is to compromise on what is morally right because of it's inherent subjectivity.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Nature, nurture and Harry Potter

Mostly nurture I think. The ability the empathise does wonders for morality
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Last edited by Domino at Sep 15, 2011,
my morals are a combination of the use logic/rationality in my own judgement in any given situation and past experiences that have shaped my beliefs/ideas into what they are today. i do not believe in "absolute morality" and i do not think that anyone else's moral values are any greater or lesser than my own once their personal history and the shaping of their morals has been understood by me. i do not claim moral superiority, i can only suggest what i believe to be good and true in my own eyes.

my basic outlook on life is to treat people as i would like to be treated (for the lack of a better reference, let alone a biblical one). This is a completely arbitrary outlook and varies greatly from person to person...however i believe that as long as i do not interfere with a person's well being, restrict any of their natural born rights and do my part to enrich the lives of others while satisfying my own needs, i have done my part in making this world a better place and fulfilling myself as a human being.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Sep 15, 2011,
Quote by Craigo
Magic 8 ball. You state something like 'is kicking innocent puppies wrong?', give it a shake and see what happens. I consequently act accordingly.

I got mine from the Catholic church. C'mere little boy.......
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Rugrats, Hey Arnold, logic, and Immanuel Kant.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Craigo
Magic 8 ball. You state something like 'is kicking innocent puppies wrong?', give it a shake and see what happens. I consequently act accordingly.
"Recording is God's way of telling you that you suck." -Bob Brozman
Quote by PeZ546
Reason and logic. It's all you need really.

You can reason and logic 10 million people into the gulag.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by ethan_hanus
Religion bro, where it has always come from. Tis debatable, but only if you can't accept the truth.

Indeed. This is why animals which have never experienced religion never show signs of morality.

Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Indeed. This is why animals which have never experienced religion never show signs of morality.

haven't seen you post in forever and you come back swinging.

nice
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Explains why the sheep back right up to ya. Damn sluts.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
My sense of morality came from watching everyone else. Learning what's right and wrong when I was a kid only went so far. The rest of it came from watching all the f ckups that my parents have made. They were my biggest teachers on the subject.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Observing my environment, and reading.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Page 1 of 2