I have been told that an A B footswitch can switch my amp from one setting to another, like from the clean setting to the distorted. So I got one... But I cant figure out which inputs I need to use. I have an Ibanez X tone blaster. It has a plain input and the send and return inputs on the front. In the back there are two inputs that say footswitch over them. Both have a picture of an input jack on under them. The first one say Chanel over the picture and Reverb under the picture. The 2nd one says Overdrive/Normal over the picture and Xmode/Hot under it. I have pictures if that would help. So can anyone help?!?!?!? Or know of a website that would help me out?
"Its okay if you only know three chords but God, put 'em in the right order" Hank Hill
No. You need a footswitch for your amp.
Michael Kelly Patriot limited
Michael Kelly Vex nv
PRS CE24

Tube Screamer
Zakk wylde od
Boosta Grande
Crybaby

Valve Jr
Peavey Windsor
Fender Blues Jr NOS
2x12 cab GBack

Bugera V22
Carvin Legacy

Vintage Rogers Drumset
Pearl ELX
Okay I'm pretty new to this could you elaborate please?
"Its okay if you only know three chords but God, put 'em in the right order" Hank Hill
If the amp had 2 inputs, you could use the ab to switch between sending signal from one input to another.

you need an amp footswitch that will toggle the amp circuit from channel to channel depending where you plug it in.
mojostompboxes.com
Okay so I'm guessing I got the wrong thing.... Well could anyone send me a link of what I actually need?
Well thank you all very much.