If you had a high gain amp like a 5150 or a Dual Rectifier, what foot switch options would you want or use? What would be ideal?

First button would be a channel switch of course. But what should the second switch be? FX loop on/off? Solo mode on/off? (Solo mode maybe would have an adjustable gain and volume for either channel, and the solo switch would toggle between normal gain&vol and solo gain&vol) Or, what about some sort of tone variation like a mid boost? Or a high pass filter?

Also, how many channels do you use or would you like to use? Is two channels enough? What about three or four?

I'm curious as to what people use and what they like in their amps.
The four cable method is the best, with it you only need a single channel amp. I do it with my GSP1101 and I can do whatever I want.

If it came down to it though I reckon a channel switch and effects on/off would do
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Sep 15, 2011,
I'm over switches. Next rig I build is gonna be MIDI'd out.

My next amp will have 3 channels. My dream amp has 4 channels.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by sammo_boi
The four cable method is the best, with it you only need a single channel amp. I do it with my GSP1101 and I can do whatever I want.

If it came down to it though I reckon a channel switch and effects on/off would do

What is the four cable method?

If you only have a single channel on an amp, then the amp has to be clean right? Because you are getting your distortion from your GSP1101. But what if you wanted the sound of distortion from say, an ENGL Powerball?
I really wish rectifiers had the modes on each channel footswitchable. When I had a Single Recto I always wanted to be able to switch between the Vintage and Modern modes on the lead channel.
Quote by ragingben
Ideally for any amp I would like (if it had these options being an ideal world but no midi)

1 - Channel switch (A/B)
2 - Channel modifier (boost/solo/bright etc for current channel)
3 - FX loop bypass/engage
4 - Reverb on/off

this covers pretty much everything you need for a 2 channel amp.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby