Page 1 of 2
I'm hungry for a fight against against the people who are ruining my god damn country! I'm healthy, single and drug free. Where's the frickin' front line?

What are good, noble, political and/or charitable organizations that matter?! A group that I can get involved in, not just buy a sticker, I want action damn it!

ps. Please, no insincerity, plenty of threads for that.

Author's note: Don't bother reading this thread, 0 US political activist groups that matter in this thread. We're all idiots, its evolution turned idiocracy here. Save your sentiments for people who care about self, family, community, the world around them, if you ever find them.
Last edited by lucky1978 at Sep 16, 2011,
the green party? Greenpeace maybe? in the us minor parties have **** all influence, pressure(intrest) groups are were it's at, join the naacp, that's a powerful one

you sound left-wing? probably the only way to succeed is to accept you won't succeed and keep your ambitions low
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's threads like this that separate grammar Nazis from only mildly anti-Semitic grammar conservatives.
Last edited by teh_goon at Sep 15, 2011,
The Tea Party movement is the only one that's actually getting shit done and having an impact on the current political climate, and while I disagree with their beliefs I admire their dedication.
The left wing still caters to lobbyists. I'm no wing. And while I support the naacp and their cause, that ones not my fight. Its someone else's though. so good legitimate links would be great. I do agree that cannabis should be legal, but thats not my thing nor is it my fight. But I appreciate the link
The tea party haven't got anything done, they;ve just prevented obama getting anything done. I really don't see why the left can't follow their example thou, perhaps with less populism/ fox news style attacks on others

What is your fight then? you want to clean up politics? i suspect it can only cleaned from the inside out or via revoltion, support the cleanest candidates in any and every election you can
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's threads like this that separate grammar Nazis from only mildly anti-Semitic grammar conservatives.
Last edited by teh_goon at Sep 15, 2011,
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 15, 2011,
Quote by RU Experienced?
The Tea Party movement is the only one that's actually getting shit done and having an impact on the current political climate, and while I disagree with their beliefs I admire their dedication.

Amen to that! Those old hippies know whats up. But I agree, not my view but far more respectable
This isn't a very good thread. You're not exactly telling us what you think is ruining the country.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by teh_goon
I really don't see why the left can't follow their example thou,

The left has a great difficulty at having a media impact due to the Propaganda Model of media. The Tea Party fits right into the interests of that model to a large degree.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Jack Off Jill
This isn't a very good thread. You're not exactly telling us what you think is ruining the country.

You obviously don't live in the US, please stop posting

Edit: The system of congressional lobbying to start,
Last edited by lucky1978 at Sep 15, 2011,
The sort of person who'd take up a cause just for the sake of having something to do, and is so out of it as far as going to an online forum for someone to tell them which cause's banner they should take up, is the sort of person who doesn't need a cause; they need to do more growing up.

Sorry if that offends you.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by lucky1978
You obviously don't live in the US, please stop posting

If there was one definite cause for problems in the US then they'd be easier to deal with, wouldn't they? You have to be specific about which problems it is you want to address and how you think they should be dealt with. Economic problems are going to have different solutions depending on what your attitude towards them are. That's why some people think unemployment could be resolved with tax breaks for the wealthy and others think otherwise.

If you don't have any ideas of your own, we can't help you.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Exactly. How are we supposed to help if we don't know what you believe.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lucky1978
The system of congressional lobbying to start,

Any group you join to resolve a problem like that are going to be lobbyists.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Ur all $h1t
The left has a great difficulty at having a media impact due to the Propaganda Model of media. The Tea Party fits right into the interests of that model to a large degree.

One day the left's going to have to stop makijng excuses like this, how many poor working class people in areas such as detroit watch any news channel, never mind fox?

OT: you seem aimless, focus on a clear political goal, then ask for advice on it. Tere's not a lot you can do about congressional lobbying as those with the power to change it are those who benefit from it, tell people how you feel, maybe you can persuade more people to realise how wrong it is, thus pushing it's importance up the agenda
Quote by ErikLensherr
Quote by element4433
Exactly. How are we supposed to help if we don't know what you believe.

He wants us to manufacture his beliefs for him.
Quote by RU Experienced?
He wants us to manufacture his beliefs for him.
Oh. That's easy.

He should just believe what I believe.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by strat0blaster
The sort of person who'd take up a cause just for the sake of having something to do, and is so out of it as far as going to an online forum for someone to tell them which cause's banner they should take up, is the sort of person who doesn't need a cause; they need to do more growing up.

Sorry if that offends you.

I appreciate your perspective, I'm sure thats how most would view it, very american. So what are you doing? Even if I was a married shopkeep grandfather, someone may see a link to a cause that inspires them. Send me a message with your phone number and I'll call you to alleviate your doubts if you're an activist.
Someone get Kumanji in here.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by element4433
Oh. That's easy.

I want to help.

I am a big fan of the belief that we can end world hunger by killing whales. After a few short years the krill population will be so high that it will easily sustain the general population.
Quote by teh_goon
One day the left's going to have to stop makijng excuses like this, how many poor working class people in areas such as detroit watch any news channel, never mind fox?

It's hardly an excuse, it's simply how the media works

There are people working constantly to try to help, but it's an extremely difficult problem.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
This kinda shit is what everybody says. This is exactly why NOTHING ever gets done. Just sit back and ****ing bitch and do nothing! SHUT THE **** UP! If you wanna put a link for a political organization you believe, sweet! If you wanna assume you know whats up with everyone at all times post your nostradamian idiocy somewhere else Edgar Casey
I dont mean the sincere posts
Quote by lucky1978
I appreciate your perspective, I'm sure thats how most would view it, very american. So what are you doing? Even if I was a married shopkeep grandfather, someone may see a link to a cause that inspires them. Send me a message with your phone number and I'll call you to alleviate your doubts if you're an activist.

You're not on trial here, pal. You don't have to prove anything to me or anyone else here, but the fact that you feel like you do is what's got everyone saying similar things to my comment.

Here's the deal - you're not looking for inspiration. You could find that in the news that can be watched, read, and heard daily. You're looking for someone else to give a meaning to something you don't even know you want, or you'd have some sort of inclinations as to what you WANTED to fight for instead of looking around FOR something to fight for. That's my first point.

Second point is this - you say my response was 'very American.'

How do you know I'm American at all? Simply because I live there currently?

Anyway. Don't be so eager to 'alleviate' the doubts of other people when you're not even sure where you stand, or to jump into a fight without having a stance on it. Both of those things generally lead to trouble that you're not prepared to handle.

Just saying, so please don't puff up and come back at me with a novella about how you're the real deal and all that. I believe you.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Sep 15, 2011,
You cannot make a difference. No organization does shit.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I want to help.

I am a big fan of the belief that we can end world hunger by killing whales. After a few short years the krill population will be so high that it will easily sustain the general population.
Plus whale skeletons can be reused as public housing.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Anyone who ever tries is an idiot with lots of time right? What SPECIFIC cause do you support? I want lobbyists outta congress. Thats my goal! But I'll start on social strata, improving conditions to the poor, mowing lawns for the handicap, painting decrepit buildings around cleveland. There is no one thing, but I'll start with the closest that I believe in and get my hands on. Name your favorite political organization and/or charity or please leave without comment and start your own thread.
Quote by lucky1978
Anyone who ever tries is an idiot with lots of time right? What SPECIFIC cause do you support? I want lobbyists outta congress. Thats my goal! But I'll start on social strata, improving conditions to the poor, mowing lawns for the handicap, painting decrepit buildings around cleveland. There is no one thing, but I'll start with the closest that I believe in and get my hands on. Name your favorite political organization and/or charity or please leave without comment and start your own thread.

You know, the first amendment is what protects lobbyists, right? It's essential in a democracy.

What you're asking for is volunteer work. Go to craiglist, look up the volunteer section. There's plenty of things you can do to help the less fortunate.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, the first amendment is what protects lobbyists, right? It's essential in a democracy.

What you're asking for is volunteer work. Go to craiglist, look up the volunteer section. There's plenty of things you can do to help the less fortunate.

A lobbyist is a figurehead for money though. That is what I wanna change. I admit I'm not sickened by the negativity, its common amongst clevelanders. Surprizingly the craigslist idea(I had no idea craigslist did that, good thing I did this)is perfect. I was looking for a simple start to lead to other things.
(Awkwardly) thanks.
I'm sooooooooooooooooooo sick of cynicism! Thats why only 0.5% of Americans have the money and power. I'm not asking internet traffic to give me values, everyone around me knows my values. But they didn't know the best place to start and niether does google
Quote by Jack Off Jill

As is recklessly subscribing to constitutional orthodoxy.
Quote by RU Experienced?

I agree, actually. They've made such an immense impact on the entire political climate, especially considering it's not a huge movement.
Quote by due 07
As is recklessly subscribing to constitutional orthodoxy.

It has nothing to do with that, it has to do with the fact that no one is going to get it changed as it is part of our constitution. Having freedom of speech is pointless if we aren't able to use it for something. Lobbying is the whole point of said freedom.
Quote by lucky1978
A lobbyist is a figurehead for money though. That is what I wanna change. I admit I'm not sickened by the negativity, its common amongst clevelanders. Surprizingly the craigslist idea(I had no idea craigslist did that, good thing I did this)is perfect. I was looking for a simple start to lead to other things.
(Awkwardly) thanks.
I'm sooooooooooooooooooo sick of cynicism! Thats why only 0.5% of Americans have the money and power. I'm not asking internet traffic to give me values, everyone around me knows my values. But they didn't know the best place to start and niether does google

I'm going to warn you, though. You are going to hear a lot of Christian talk when you volunteer. I do volunteer work pretty regularly in my area, but I do NOT tell people I'm an atheist. Because almost all of the people who I've worked with are there for some religious reason, and they have no problem quoting things at you. So if you can ignore that, you'll be good. Volunteering is really good for your self esteem, too.

Actually, call a local church and ask them about organizations to help the homeless. I'm involved in a ministry that does that, and it's pretty cool. It can feel a little disappointing, though. Because a lot of the time I feel like I'm not making much of a difference at all.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by element4433
Oh. That's easy.

The pit in a nuthshell
Quote by Jack Off Jill
It has nothing to do with that, it has to do with the fact that no one is going to get it changed as it is part of our constitution.

That's nothing to do with "It's essential in a democracy." In fact, it's antithetical to democracy, affixing itself to legislation through, essentially, "One dollar, one vote."
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Having freedom of speech is pointless if we aren't able to use it for something. Lobbying is the whole point of said freedom.

Or, you know, not getting your face murdered for expressing a dissenting opinion.

And don't think lobbying is just something done to benefit ourselves at home -- it's used abroad with the interests of liberalizing developing economies, and hence stunting growth, but propelling profits. Indeed, foreign owned companies are roughly eight percent more likely to join a lobby, which is a significant and meaningful number.
Lobbying is barely more than a substitute for corruption. One must simply look at the numbers; when corruption goes up in developing countries, the likelihood of lobbying goes down. That's quite obviously opposed to the basic idea of democracy.
Quote by due 07
That's nothing to do with "It's essential in a democracy." In fact, it's antithetical to democracy, affixing itself to legislation through, essentially, "One dollar, one vote."

Or, you know, not getting your face murdered for expressing a dissenting opinion.

And don't think lobbying is just something done to benefit ourselves at home -- it's used abroad with the interests of liberalizing developing economies, and hence stunting growth, but propelling profits. Indeed, foreign owned companies are roughly eight percent more likely to join a lobby, which is a significant and meaningful number.
Lobbying is barely more than a substitute for corruption. One must simply look at the numbers; when corruption goes up in developing countries, the likelihood of lobbying goes down. That's quite obviously opposed to the basic idea of democracy.

The lobbying itself is not to be blamed for people with money having a bigger influence. The ethics in lobbying are the problem. Which is not what he said. He said he has a problem with lobbying in itself.

Expressing a dissenting opinion is pointless if it's not an attempt to change something, Due.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 16, 2011,
Page 1 of 2