so i've just been recording vids with my laptop, but the sound quality sucks. my friend said to get the sony cybershot, but idk. any ideas on what to get to record guitar vids with good sound?
skip the cybershot, it's a point/shoot camera and won't help your audio at all.

Look at at the resources thread at the top of the Recordings section of this page and find an audio interface that will work for you. Videos are linked in my sig as well.

Record audio with the interface, video with a camcorder or point/shoot camera of your choice.

Remember, with video, audio is FAR more important. I found people will watch a video with crap quality if the audio is great and they are able to hear it...........but if the audio is cutting out and they can see the video in HD quality, forget it!
I suggest above all a good video editing program. one that allows separation of video and audio is ideal
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Although a good editing program will help, you can't do anything to sound great if you're recording with a crap mic built into a point&shoot camera...

But either way, the editing software by Sony is a good start. They have low prices and the features are well above what's needed to be done for this type use.
A recording studio is a facility for sound recording and mixing. Ideally, the space is specially designed by an acoustician to achieve the desired acoustic properties (sound diffusion, low level of reflections, adequate reverberation time for the size of the ambient, etc.). Different types of studios record bands and artists, voice over and music for television production, filmmaking, animations, and advertising commercials, and/or even record a full orchestra. The typical recording studio consists of a room called the "studio", where instrumentalists and vocalists perform; and the "control room", which houses the professional audio equipment for either analog recording or digital recording, routing and manipulating the sound. Often, there will be smaller rooms called "isolation booths" present to accommodate loud instruments such as drums or electric guitar, to keep these sounds from being audible to the microphones that are capturing the sounds from other instruments or vocalists.