basically if you guys saw my thread from a ways back i traded my almost brand new black top for a fretless. when i got the fretless it was totally no where near what the pics showed(somebody did some excellant pic taking a photoshop.) it has mildew inside bad, the control plate is broke, the pickgaurd is the wrong size so half the electronic are showing, the neck is in alright shape it seems but there is like a couple of drill holes that look like they were drilled for nothing, the list goes on. the plus is it does have emgs that sound good and a bass bridge thats is excellent shape.

it was a talkbass trade and the guy called it a near mint fender jazz bass with a all parts fretless neck. near mint my ass. so now i have no real usable bass. where should i go from here. should i just sell the bass as is and just try and buy another. should i just part it out. any suggestions.?
Take all of his photoshopped pictures that make it look awesome, reuse them and sell/trade it to someone else?
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
Quote by BruceWillisman
Take all of his photoshopped pictures that make it look awesome, reuse them and sell/trade it to someone else?

seems kinda assholeish cause then someone will be in the same spot as me but yea thats crossed my mind
To be honest I would go to the police and maybe a smal claims court (might more of a hassle than it's worth) or if you can figure out where the trader lives get a couple of buddies (5-10) and and nicely ask for a refund and return his item and if he refuses get the cops because what he did is pretty much illegal but there might be loopholes seeing how it wasn't official from what I can tell. Post some pictures if you can and maybe somebody can help you fix it as it sounds like it a decent bass
Quote by goldleadr
They don't know what there talking about! Let's put it this way right you suck

Yes I just quoted myself...
Not to sound like a dick, but thats what ya get for trading with the assholes from TB.
Theres really not much you can do, contact the guy who you traded with, if that doesn't work then you're screwed.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Alucard817
Not to sound like a dick, but thats what ya get for trading with the assholes from TB.

Yeah...that's not a particularly accurate statement.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Quote by Alucard817

First time I've heard a story like this, and I've traded and sold over $1,000 on that site.
DB Player
Quote by abornael
First time I've heard a story like this, and I've traded and sold over $1,000 on that site.

I would certainly feel more confident buying/selling there than here.

No offense to anyone here.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Quote by abornael
the first time a TB transaction has gone bad abornael?

you don't watch the threads too often do you?

let me clue you in on TB and what they do:
you have a shitty deal, you post it publicly like anyone who is pissed. you get a sympathy " i feel sorry for you here is what I would do" thread started, the 50 or so TB'ers put their 2 cents in like they care so deeply about you and your business, they say tell the mods and it will be "all better", the mods can't do anything about it, they delete the thread ban the seller and that is that.. so the guy is banned, he registers under another name and watches the fun from an anonymous name and laughs at everyone bitching before the thread is closed or deleted.

yes I watch a lot of good transactions from TB as well, and I can say I have bought sold and traded items over there without a hitch but when you get burnt, it's pretty much a done deal, and you have to try to pursue it by other means. there is no money-back-for-items-not-as-described like on ebay on CL/TB/here/wherever....
Quote by Killerfridge
Yeah...that's not a particularly accurate statement.

Ya actually it is.
There is nothing TS or anyone else can/will do. TS is screwed since there is no buyer protection of any kind.

I used to be a member over on TB and have seen quite a few of these rip offs, including one guy who was selling car parts (yes car parts) he was banned, came back, did it again, then banned again.

The owner, mods do nothing to police this stuff. Sure they will pretend they care, in the subsequent "I was ripped off thread" but thats about it. Oh yeah they ban the person. Whoopdie doo! He still has TS's stuff and he will likely get away with it.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
th30nlyAket, can you post some pics? I wanna see how bad it really is. Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

^This. Also, I'd do my best to contact the guy and if he doesn't respond take it to court and get your instrument back (or at least the money value of said traded instrument).
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by ThrashMetal014
^This. Also, I'd do my best to contact the guy and if he doesn't respond take it to court and get your instrument back (or at least the money value of said traded instrument).

yes, do that. that kind of thing is what small claims court is for.
Fill it with sand and sell it, tis the only option.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Quote by Kilty Boxers
Fill it with sand and sell it, tis the only option.

just gonna take it to the shop in town and see what they give me. if its not anything good imma take off the badass bridge and the emgs (both of which look and sound fine) and sell them on ebay or something
Improves the sound. Especially on acoustic basses.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
You did a trade... a trade. You've obviously got some kind of contact info or even an address for the dude. Berate him with abusive emails or phone calls, or if you do have his home address go over with some friends and politely request your bass back.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
The trade might have been foul, but the problems you listed minus the mysterious drill holes only add up to like $50 in repairs and a cleaning. Ever think to just go on guitarfetish buy a new plate and pickguard and clean the guts?

Edit: sorry if I missed it but was this a shipping trade or did you meet him in person? If it was shipped mercy to you, and act fast if you want something to happen. If it was in person you should have seen it?
Last edited by askrere at Sep 18, 2011,
Um I said small claims court first you bunch of copy cat Justin beiber fans haha!!
Quote by goldleadr
They don't know what there talking about! Let's put it this way right you suck

Yes I just quoted myself...