Ok so I need recommendations for songs, solos, riffs or anything I can use for ear training. I would also like to get some sort of music theory lesson from anything that's in iTunes, YouTube or any free online websites. Online stuff I don't want to pay for but I don't mind buying an app as long as ItS not overpriced! Oh and sweeping techniques and exercises
Quote by goldleadr
They don't know what there talking about! Let's put it this way right you suck

Yes I just quoted myself...
1. Grab guitar
2. Turn on radio
3. Once a song comes on that you know, attempt to play along with it
-Find the key, etc.
4.Wash, rinse, repeat.
Where's Waldo?
Dude you suck I wanted a revolutionary life changing insta shredd advice ohwell I man can dream..

That's actually really good idea
Quote by goldleadr

Quote by goldleadr
That's actually really good idea

You'll be surprised at what you can figure out. One time I was doing that and War Pigs came on, and though its a rather easy song, I love that song, so I figured it all out on the spot.

You just have to keep trying it, even when you get it wrong.
Where's Waldo?
Yeah only problem is I'm to lazy and uncommitted but I think I'll try this on a easy pop'ish song first instead if some djent shred metal...
Quote by goldleadr

Quote by goldleadr
Yeah only problem is I'm to lazy and uncommitted but I think I'll try this on a easy pop'ish song first instead if some djent shred metal...

Then you're not going to find any advice that will help other that "get off your arse and stop being lazy"

Doesn't matter what people tell you you should be doing, chances are you already know the answers anyway, you just can't be bothered.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Haha dude you stole mi brain all these threads are people asking retoricle questions but I actually need help a I don't know what to do
Quote by goldleadr

Lazy-ness and guitar awesomeness don't make a good team together, believe me .

If you want something cool and free you should try my free ebook.

But unfortunately with the mindset if i buy sx i will become a better player just by buying that X you will get nowhere

Paul
If you don't have the drive to improve by yourself, you'd better listen to what other people have to say if you want to get anywhere. Being more specific with what you want helps too. If you ask a general question, expect general replies.
If you want "revolutionary life-changing advice" summed up in a few lines, sorry, but you're SOL, because that only happens in movies. This isn't "Crossroads" (although Steve Vai might have actually sold his soul to the devil). The best you can hope for is to put some time into practicing, and look under "Lessons". That's how everyone else made it.
You hating trolls I might have summon the chappers nuppet slaying ninja to teach you how to take a joke.

I'm not looking for some pill that will make me awesome and in the crossroads they all had years of playing behind them no one got insane skill over night........ No need to troll
Quote by goldleadr

That wasn't trolling, mate. The only advice that you're gonna get is to get off your ass and practice. If you want to improve your ear, you have to learn to listen. To do that, you have to start small and practice your relative pitch, which is how well you can recognize the intervals between notes. That can take a fair bit of getting used to. The best way to learn this skill is to take a simple song that has a common chord progression (read: pop music) and learning the melody line. Hit up the radio and just learn whatever comes on. Practice like a mofo. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Any chance TS is the one trolling? I mean, starting a vague thread and then shunning people who give him genuine advice?
Last edited by Cavalcade at Sep 16, 2011,
You guys need to learn to take a joke I know very well being lazy won't get me anywhere so stop hating!

Quote by Cavalcade
Any chance TS is the one trolling? I mean, starting a vague thread and then shunning people who give him genuine advice?

He is pretty well known as a troll
Quote by goldleadr

Quote by goldleadr

He is pretty well known as a troll

Indeed he is.

(TS means "topic starter". In other words, you.)
I know what ts means but I'm no troll I was just making a joke and saying that they had good advice and the they went all hating aghh you guys don't get it
Quote by goldleadr