I have a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR and when I attempt to play on the top 15+ frets my sustain dies immediately. Just the note takes around 2 seconds to die, and during a bend it immediately disappears. I know it's not my technique because I'm fine on my other guitars. Any idea as to what this could be?

I'm thinking it could be because I got my guitar neck wet a few months ago on accident.
This could either be an action problem, or a pickup problem. Intonation has to do with tuning. If your pickup is too high, it will kill sustain, so make sure its not right under the strings.

Quote by nignog
I'm thinking it could be because I got my guitar neck wet a few months ago on accident.

erm....
Where's Waldo?
no it's not intonation.

sounds more like the top frets are choking the strings, either raise the action at the bridge or get a fret dress.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Probably, the accident is not to blame. Which part of the neck got wet in the accident? Depending on the situation, it may be a bad fret leveling, truss rod problem, or the action issue. In this case, if I were you, I'd take the guitar to a luthier, and have him fix the problem. Is the fretboard a single-radius fretboard? If so, it is normal for a guitar to have frets bend out. It all depends on the situation.
Quote by parhelia_0000
Probably, the accident is not to blame. Which part of the neck got wet in the accident? Depending on the situation, it may be a bad fret leveling, truss rod problem, or the action issue. In this case, if I were you, I'd take the guitar to a luthier, and have him fix the problem. Is the fretboard a single-radius fretboard? If so, it is normal for a guitar to have frets bend out. It all depends on the situation.

The entire neck got wet due to a typhoon (and water getting into the house) and I didn't notice for around 20 hours or so that the guitar was wet.
Quote by nignog
I have a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR and when I attempt to play on the top 15+ frets my sustain dies immediately. Just the note takes around 2 seconds to die, and during a bend it immediately disappears. I know it's not my technique because I'm fine on my other guitars. Any idea as to what this could be?

try raising the bridge a little.

if that doesnt work then post back and i'll talk you thru a neck relief check.

if the neck is damaged because it was wet, then you might expect to see
see some board or neck warping, board of fret lifting, or even neck twisting.
you should be able to inspect for those issues visually.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by nignog
The entire neck got wet due to a typhoon (and water getting into the house) and I didn't notice for around 20 hours or so that the guitar was wet.

In my opinion, THAT is the BIG issue. Hydration is what causes the guitar neck to stress out and go very unstable. Have the guitar neck replaced by a luthier and have him re-install a new guitar neck for your guitar. If it's a bolt-on guitar, you should be able to get yourself a replacement neck soon. If the guitar is a neck-thru guitar, then have a luthier fix the guitar neck in any way possible. You might need to perform some extreme maintenance later on.