Basically, I have found a guitar on eBay listed at $400 instead of $650 because of this:

Do you think it's worth buying? Is it possible to repair it?
You could cut the wood down to a rectangle shape as opposed to an odd looking chip. Cut a small peice of your own wood, plastic whatever, insert, glue and re-finish.

But i'd probably just take an idustrial sander and sand the corner down so it's smooth and save myself $250. Plus it gives it a niceunique look without the ugly chip.

Either way I'd say it isnt worth an extra $250 for a minor ish chip.
I love Prog, +1 for synth solos and songs about maggie thatcher.

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Fender Rumble 100 (It lights up )
MXR Auto-Wah (Purple... )
Boss Bass Overdrive (I can almsot sound like Chris Wolstenholme )
what guitar is it? looks like its on the back of the guitar....so it wouldn't be too noticeable. you could always sand the area back use some wood filler, sand flush to the body and re-paint the area.
Nothin wrong with a little character.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

That.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Offworld92

This.
and if you're really worried about it, you get melt-on lacquer sticks that you could use to fix it easy.
Thanks guys, I'm going to buy it. It's an amazing deal, $250 less just for a small chip on the back of the guitar.
Quote by whoomit
This.

sorry to interject, but what does "this" mean when written in a forum? I see it all over the place and a google search isn't really useful.

on topic however, minus 250 beans for a chip on the back? go for it! a small chip like that probably will not make it sound any different.
Quote by macgregger
sorry to interject, but what does "this" mean when written in a forum? I see it all over the place and a google search isn't really useful.

on topic however, minus 250 beans for a chip on the back? go for it! a small chip like that probably will not make it sound any different.

it means you're agreeing with the person you quoted.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"