Take pretty much any standard Strat and put a Bill Lawrence humbucker in the bridge position. Voilà, you have "Blue."
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Actually, Blue is a Fernandes Strat, it's Japanese, not Chinese. Same company that came out with the Sustainer.
Quote by snareguitar15
Actually, Blue is a Fernandes Strat, it's Japanese, not Chinese. Same company that came out with the Sustainer.

I read that it was one of the dirt cheap models, that was actually made in China.
Billie Joe's Blue strat has a Fender-shaped headstock, which Fernandes used up until 1985. I think they only started making guitars in Korea and China in the early 2000's, but don't quote me on that.

Anyway, he only ever used the bridge pickup (Bill Lawrence L-500, then Duncan JB after 1994) so put one of those into any strat and you'll be close enough.
I heard years ago that he doesnt use 'Blue' anymore. He has 3 or 4 identical copys that are more road worthy.
Any sonic blue Strat copy with a humbucker in the bridge will do. ANY. Even the humbuckers he put in weren't spaced right or the guitar and were just generic models really, you can't get any more bland than a SD JB. Literally any HSS Strat will do and sonic blue is the colour you want if you want to match it exactly, though some copy brand's version of sonic blue is a little lighter.