So there are a few ideas
i have for a lesson for intermediate
to more advanced players

and since id be posting it here i was wondering if people who would want to watch it how would you want the format to be in?

Tab, music theory, heavy on technique, etc.

Length of the video

any visuals through gif or whatnot, anything to make it more easier to grasp

I posted one to see what the results would be and they gave me a basic idea on what people would want to learn.

So if possible let me know what you want so we can discuss the lesson and what not on this.

The three possibilities are
Tapping of triads
Tapping of 7ths
tapping of diminished chords
tapping of inversions
tapping of 13ths.

Id like to start with what everyone would like to learn first. So if you can let me know when i get home tonight at 8pm EST ill gladly upload a video for everyone to show them a really simple way to learn one of the above techniques.

Thanks for everyones time again, and i think im now posting in the correct forum for this and im really sorry that i posted it in the wrong one, i havent been on here in awhile and didnt understand the rules to the full extent i guess.

Have a good day everyone and let me know so i have something to do besides go through the grimoire
You sure like your tapping, sir!

What about having some stuff on music theory before all the tapping things because a person who has no experience in music theory will be like, "WTF is a triad?!" etc.

Other than that...I have no idea. Good luck though!
This isn't the place to canvas for ideas for your YouTube channel, or to promote it.

You can post as many videos as you want in the Recordings Forum, or you can submit things as lessons to the Lessons section. Obviously if somebody posts a request for something and you think one of your videos will help, or indeed if you feel inclined to make on for them then go for it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
You sure like your tapping, sir!

What about having some stuff on music theory before all the tapping things because a person who has no experience in music theory will be like, "WTF is a triad?!" etc.

Well, I figured he wouldn't need to if the lessons are Intermediate-Advanced based. Those at that level should have a clear understanding of a simple chord makeup.
We're all alright!
im not promoting a youtube channel. If i posted the video to fileshare its the same premise. Im just trying to find out what people would want to learn, especially people who do know theory and a triad is day one stuff and every guitar player should know day one theory.

Anyone who plays guitar and goes on a guitar forum should have enough drive to sit down and learn 45 minutes of theory and its application to any music, its like if a carpenter didnt measure and just said "imma wing it" It'll look cool sometimes but hell never have a good base for it.

regardless of said point i just wanted some input on what lesson a community would like to see. Rather than look for it myself, id rather have the people who are afraid of approaching technique because of pre dispositioned fear of not being able to do something. Id like to change that for them who lurk and dont post questions to draw them into the learning process of guitar rather then throw darts blind folded.
id like to see a video of how to construct chords and scales that is logical, accesible, applyable, intelligtent and not strictly for guitar players.
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)
Quote by Mathedes
Well, I figured he wouldn't need to if the lessons are Intermediate-Advanced based. Those at that level should have a clear understanding of a simple chord makeup.

Well, it depends. I'm sure there are some people out there who are pretty good at playing their instrument who haven't ever touched base with music theory.

We all know at least one, don't we?
Quote by tehREALcaptain
id like to see a video of how to construct chords and scales that is logical, accesible, applyable, intelligtent and not strictly for guitar players.

I can show you?
but to be honest what your talking about is music theory lol
If you ellaborate more maybe i can help you, are you talking like a quick way to remember them? and how to apply them?
Quote by Guitarguyteddyb
So there are a few ideas
i have for a lesson for intermediate
to more advanced players

and since id be posting it here i was wondering if people who would want to watch it how would you want the format to be in?

Tab, music theory, heavy on technique, etc.

Length of the video

any visuals through gif or whatnot, anything to make it more easier to grasp

I posted one to see what the results would be and they gave me a basic idea on what people would want to learn.

So if possible let me know what you want so we can discuss the lesson and what not on this.

The three possibilities are
Tapping of triads
Tapping of 7ths
tapping of diminished chords
tapping of inversions
tapping of 13ths.

Id like to start with what everyone would like to learn first. So if you can let me know when i get home tonight at 8pm EST ill gladly upload a video for everyone to show them a really simple way to learn one of the above techniques.

Thanks for everyones time again, and i think im now posting in the correct forum for this and im really sorry that i posted it in the wrong one, i havent been on here in awhile and didnt understand the rules to the full extent i guess.

Have a good day everyone and let me know so i have something to do besides go through the grimoire

If you want tapping ideas check out this guy lol. It's not really my cuppa tea but entertaining nonetheless.

Solos 1-4 and scarecrow
Last edited by mdc at Sep 17, 2011,
tapping is for posers and highschool kids that want to look better then they are by doing one of the easiest guitar techniques there is.

lol in b4 rage
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?
I think a good lesson on playing changes would be useful. Maybe I've ver-looked it, but I haven't found one on this site.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
Well, it depends. I'm sure there are some people out there who are pretty good at playing their instrument who haven't ever touched base with music theory.

We all know at least one, don't we?

Yeah, I'd have to give it you there. Maybe there will be a link to another lesson on triads instead.
We're all alright!
Last edited by Mathedes at Sep 17, 2011,
Quote by ThatDarnDavid
tapping is for posers and highschool kids that want to look better then they are by doing one of the easiest guitar techniques there is.

lol in b4 rage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o3lX6Qjx9c
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by ThatDarnDavid

lol in b4 rage
Pre-school is that way. You stumbled into the big people's forums where most are mature enough and have outgrown such small mindedness.

On Topic - do a good series of lessons on phrasing, and melodic playing...what makes something sound good and melodic...phrasing, like variations, sequencing, call and response playing and the like.

Not just how to play scales and arps, but - how to say something...with whatever notes you do know or have.

Best,

Sean
Well thats why i made this so if we can get a census of what people wanna learn ill make a good video for it, having a good tapping inventory can really set a song apart from others imo. Check out guthrie govans fives, or the best of the betcah cant play this its awesome, chris brodrick does coool things and the last guys is amazing because of it.

But lets keep this to a good idea for what people wanna learn here fellas!

Ill probably start with shapes so that everyone can learn them and have a correlating refrence to the lesson by quickly learning their circle of fifths so that there playing is equally as mental as it is physical.

have funs today everyone i have an 11 hour work shift and this lesson will most likely be built and completed for everyone on thursday or friday of next week because im working 11-8 all week long (sarcasm smilie)
Quote by Guitarguyteddyb
Well thats why i made this so if we can get a census of what people wanna learn ill make a good video for it, having a good tapping inventory can really set a song apart from others imo. Check out guthrie govans fives, or the best of the betcah cant play this its awesome, chris brodrick does coool things and the last guys is amazing because of it.

But lets keep this to a good idea for what people wanna learn here fellas!

Ill probably start with shapes so that everyone can learn them and have a correlating refrence to the lesson by quickly learning their circle of fifths so that there playing is equally as mental as it is physical.

have funs today everyone i have an 11 hour work shift and this lesson will most likely be built and completed for everyone on thursday or friday of next week because im working 11-8 all week long (sarcasm smilie)

First you need to have the basics down before you try to be Broderick and Govan. They do it well because they've been playing for 20+ years, and even then you don't see Broderick actually composing solos where he runs up and down arpeggios. That was just a warm-up/exercise he was doing.
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Guitarguyteddyb

You influenced by the Candyrat players?
Quote by Hail
First you need to have the basics down before you try to be Broderick and Govan. They do it well because they've been playing for 20+ years, and even then you don't see Broderick actually composing solos where he runs up and down arpeggios. That was just a warm-up/exercise he was doing.

have you listened to him b4 megadeth?

look up his stuff.

also yeah candy rat is my favorite label for sure, i love that style of guitar
Quote by Guitarguyteddyb
have you listened to him b4 megadeth?

look up his stuff.

also yeah candy rat is my favorite label for sure, i love that style of guitar

I know his work with Jag Panzer, but even then, he did more than just run up and down as fast as he could. That would have been boring as hell. It's cute for bedroom guitarists and wankers, but most people really don't appreciate being subjected to pure speed runs when just trying to listen to music.
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
I know his work with Jag Panzer, but even then, he did more than just run up and down as fast as he could. That would have been boring as hell. It's cute for bedroom guitarists and wankers, but most people really don't appreciate being subjected to pure speed runs when just trying to listen to music.

lol at bedroom guitarist. Laughed really hard

The point i made wasnt clear enough and this i apologize for.

I should have stated that its nice to have in a inventory for the sake of self embellishment and accomplishment, and alot of those bedroom guitar players are a basis of alot of fanbases for popular musicians and would love to learn, its a youtube lesson brotha haha what kind of audience is going to be searching for that other than the one you stated.

But good news is i have off tommorow and ill love to make this lesson.

Im going to show the 3 note per scale for all the starting notes of a scale and make them go off of it to help thier improv by knowing whats right, not the best, if you understand what im trying to type.

but got work till 8 and then ill buld the lesson with a small pdf to accompany it to help people.

thanks again everyone!!!!