Hey guys.
I just got a Gibson Explorer Limited Edit. with a Floyd Rose. It came from the factory in standard tuning, but my band plays in Eb tuning. Since we have a show tomorrow and the local music store is closed today, I tried to set it up myself. Everything went okay except for one problem: One of the screws that adjusts the spring tension on the floyd rose came from the factory slightly stripped and VERY hard to turn in the body. The other one was just fine. But this one screw was almost impossible to turn, and since it was already almost completely stripped, I only made it worse trying to do it myself.
The guitar itself is fine. Great, actually. It's in the tuning I need now, and everything, but the action is slightly higher than I'd prefer. But I don't even want to attempt to set THAT up myself. I'm just worried that with that screw being stripped, that set-up would be impossible now.

So is there anyway to replace this screw without ****ing up the guitar? I know they make devices that remove stripped screws, but would this **** up the wood on the guitar?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
It is fixable, you or someone else will have to drill the screw out, it can be saved.
I'd say suck it up about the action until tomorrow AFTER the show, because you don't want to try to do something today, **** it up and have it worse for tomorrow, at least it's how you want it pretty much today. HOWEVER, take a pair of vice-grips, and just use that to turn the screw out of the body and then buy a new one, they're dirt cheap.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
One of the screws to adjust the spring tension on my Ibanez RG350EX is stripped but I've found needle nose pliers get the job done if I need to adjust it.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Alright, cool. Thanks a bunch guys.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
No problem man, good luck at the show.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
OK so i just got an Ibanez s 370DX with a floyd rose and so i was gonna raise the bridge so i can hit even higher notes and so i did it and the i was gonna screw the screw back in, and then i get halfway into putting the screw back in the back of the guitar and then the screw strips so yeah now im really mad because i just got it yesterday so should i go give it to guitar center or should i just get a new body or go to get the strip screw metal paper stuff
Quote by sjsreynolds
OK so i just got an Ibanez s 370DX with a floyd rose and so i was gonna raise the bridge so i can hit even higher notes and so i did it and the i was gonna screw the screw back in, and then i get halfway into putting the screw back in the back of the guitar and then the screw strips so yeah now im really mad because i just got it yesterday so should i go give it to guitar center or should i just get a new body or go to get the strip screw metal paper stuff

Necro thread jack...

This thread is 4 years old man, create a new thread for your problem.