Just thougt this needed its own thread, even if only for some more people to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3jflqH-wxs

do check other songs as this album is SO diverse.

This guy just put out his solo debut and imo is one of the best things that came out this year so far.

(if there is a thread already, I'm sorry. searched both "vortex" and "ics vortex" and nothing came up)
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
yes, great album... i picked this up a few weeks ago. different than expected, but good nonetheless
Woah so processed...

Anyway, ICS Vortex. Talented dude. Really really dont like him though. His voice just grates on my nerves. It's like Garm's, just without the subtlety/restraint that makes Garm so great.

But he sounds better on this ego stroking album, I guess. Slightly.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Vortex's best performance by far IMO was on Borknagar's brilliant 'The Archaic Course.' His work on Borky's other albums and Arcturus was also excellent I think. Gonna give his solo album a shot, but I have a strong feeling it's going to be a major disappointment.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Well, don't expect Bork or Arcturus... it's more like Swedish Fu Manchu or something... stoner rockish, I'd say 7, maybe 7.5 out of 10. It's good, but not great.
Yeah, I'm definitely not. I probably wouldn't even bother with the album except I have a very soft spot for Vortex clean vocals, so I imagine I will be able to derive enough enjoyment out of it to warrant me purchasing it.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
It's a good CD for a driving to. Get on a road you can drive on without too much traffic... windy back roads, y'know. It's not so great for sitting on the computer & listening while doing other things.
Personaly I find this album heavily "Archaic Course" influenced. If you add the idea of that album to some kind of prog rock tribute you get "Stormseeker" at least that how I see it. Also, everything on the album gives place to his voice.

As someone said, it is heavily processed but that may be so because the dude recorded everything himself, except the drums. May not be an excuse, but I still dont find the need to overlook that to enjoy the album.
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played