I just bout an Audio-technia microphone from my local music store. I'm very tight on cash at the moment, so I can't dish out more money for an entire P.A. system. Can someone let me know how I can use the microphone with a marshall guitar amp for the time being? Is there an adapter so that I can input the microphone cord into the amplifier directly?

Thank you.
Which Marshall amp is it?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Which Marshall amp is it?

It's my friends MG. Yes I know, MG's are shit, but he plays bass now and the marshall is just sitting around.
Yea you can get an XLR to 1/4" adapter from Guitar Center or something. Maybe even Radioshack.
I'm FAT!
It will sound terrible. Hire a PA if you can't afford to buy one.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I use our shitty line 6 spider 212 for vocals for jamming in the basement and It gets the job done. However it definitely leaves something to be desired tone-wise.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Terrible idea.

To begin with, Microphones send a balanced signal. A guitar amp receives an unbalanced signal. If you get an XLR to TS adapter or short cable, one of the pins are either connected to the same terminal, or left open and ungrounded.

If they are connected to the same terminal, then the signals cancel out and you will get a very weak signal.

If one line is left open and hanging, you will pick up external noise very easily. It will work, but yuuuck. At the very least get a behringer mini mixer and plug it into the line in of the amp.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra