Okay so im going travelling in a few months, and my number one priority is to take my electric guitar so i dont lose the skill, since ill be moving quite a lot in a year, so any recommendations, ive got an amp, just need a guitar to fit in a normal suitcase?
a guitar to fit in a normal suitcase? I have never heard of anyone who makes those. If it's small anyways you are going to have to adjust to the small neck radius.
Fender Deluxe 72' Telecaster w/ SD SH-4 JB
humbucker in the bridge position running through....
--
Crate FlexWave 120H
Marshall 1960A 4x12
Boss TU-3
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
BBE Green Screamer
MXR m109 6-band EQ
MXR m135 Smart Gate
well im not sure if you can get an electric guitar that small unless you have a reaallly big suitcase the only thing i could think of is you get a Cort Earth Mini traveler and get a pickup installed might cost alot but its as good as i can think off
http://www.woodbrass.com/en/cort-earth-mini-(eminiop)-travel-guitar-natural-with-gigbag-p35937-af833.html - i have used this guitar and it would derfonietly fit in a normal suitcase
Get a Pignose - I used to have the deluxe version of their travel guitar & always enjoyed it. An electric guitar with built in amp, what more could you ask for?

http://www.pignoseamps.com/index.php?disp=master&subcat=specguitars
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud

Fernandes Nomad, always been curious about these. Haven't been able to play one though.
Quote by broc5k

Fernandes Nomad, always been curious about these. Haven't been able to play one though.

I tried one a while ago, as I recall it was OK but I preferred the Pignose as I thought it sounded and played better. Nothing wrong with the Fernandes, it mostly came down to opinion rather than anything specific.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by K Reyn

A coworker of mine has one, and I checked into them as well. Some seem to feel & play nice other don't. Not sure about your location but here they were $350+. When I weighed it out, I couldn't justify spending that much on a guitar that is only suitable to play when travelling. For less money than that you could get a road case sutable for protecting a full sized guitar in baggage travel.
Moving on.....
Quote by GaryBillington
I tried one a while ago, as I recall it was OK but I preferred the Pignose as I thought it sounded and played better. Nothing wrong with the Fernandes, it mostly came down to opinion rather than anything specific.

I looked up the Pignose on youtube, that actually looks pretty cool.