So here's the deal, I need a guitar I can keep in drop c. I have a Ibanez LP Lawsuit that I love for standard and drop c, but changing back and forth is irritating and hard on the strings..

anyhow, these were the two guitars I was looking at, and wanted to know what all of you thought of them

(When I graduate in the spring, I am getting a EBMM JP6 -or- JP7) this is just to tide me over till then

PRS SE

$664

OR

Ibez ARZ800

$800

Which would better suit my drop C needs?

I play alot of Bullet for my valentine, godsmack, and the like in drop c....

Pro's to the Ibanez is it has EMG 81/60, cons is its price
Pro's to the PRS is its price (and looks!) but it is an SE, so Im a bit wary?

Thoughts?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Last edited by Controlpanel at Sep 16, 2011,
They are probably both as good as each other. As long as they are set up ok, they should both be perfect
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I would say maybe the PRS but keep it in standard while you used your Ibanez guitar for drop C since you like it in that tuning. Would save you a little cash and you would still have a quality instrument. But if i had to pick one for drop tunes metal, i would say the Ibanez
Don't be put off by the SE tag. They're still superb instruments. Not like the USA PRS's, but much better (in my opinion, of course) than other guitars in the price range. I've never used actives, so I can't speak much for they're versatility, but the SE's pickups are great and incredibly versatile. They can nail the high gain tones, then switch to a crisp clean. That would be my recommendation--at least until I find out which amp you have. Which is...?
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
probably the ibanez it looks like the most able but i would go test them out in drop c but from my knowledge of guitars a baritone is just what you are looking for but dont take my word test some out.
Quote by NathanBell
probably the ibanez it looks like the most able but i would go test them out in drop c but from my knowledge of guitars a baritone is just what you are looking for but dont take my word test some out.

Baritones are usually tuned to B standard and can't or won't do Drop C (too high). Any guitar can do what he wants given two things: 1) thick enough strings and 2) that the guitar's hardware (bridge, nut, tuners) can handle the thick strings.
My PRS SE CU24 is tuned down to Drop B with a 13-60 set of strings on it and it works perfectly.
One of the things we need to know before we start digging into recommendations is what amp he plays.
I play @ home with a Fender Frontman 25....but when I jam with my buddies I play with a Marshall JCM 2000 dsl and a 4x12 cab....

I have a digitech gnx3 for outside effects, as well as a Boss ds-1....
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Controlpanel
I play @ home with a Fender Frontman 25....but when I jam with my buddies I play with a Marshall JCM 2000 dsl and a 4x12 cab....

I have a digitech gnx3 for outside effects, as well as a Boss ds-1....

The Marshall should work well with actives because it will allow the pickups to do what they were designed to do--push the tubes harder. So at this point, it's really up to you to decide. With the Fender, I'm not sure how it will work/sound. But keep in mind...
1) A longer scale creates more tension.
2) Thicker strings will have a similar effect.

Like I said, I play an SE in Drop B with .13-.60 gauge strings, and it works. You should try both out and see which one feels better.
I think that's all. Good luck!

Edit: For whatever it's worth, a used SE can be found for as little as $300 (usually this means a CU22 or CU24--not necessarily an SE signature model). I don't know if that helps, but if this guitar really is just to hold you over until you get the Ernie Ball, I definitely wouldn't bother spending $800.
Last edited by bAngiel01 at Sep 16, 2011,