Im looking at one on Kijiji right now.
Link- http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-IBANEZ-RG-1570-PRESTIGE-GUITAR-W0QQAdIdZ314455303

Seems like a pretty decent price ($650) although I'd have to sell my rg370dx to buy it. (or at least justify the purchase in my head)
A few questions:
1. Are team j craft prestiges 'special'? Better quality build?
2. Are edge pro trems decent?
3. Is basswood naturally muddy or just the crap knotty peice in my current rg?
My rg sounds like shit, no matter what pups I have in it.

I guess thats it. Add any other input you may have if you'd like!
Thanks
1 don't know the answer to this one.
2 my understanding is the edge zero is the only trem Ibanez makes that is really 'decent', but they're better than 'licensed' floyd roses, etc., but not as good as originals.
3 tonewood isn't going to make your sound muddy - it should just affect the harmonics, sustain and the treble/bass emphasis a little bit. If it isn't the pickups, then something else in the electronics going on.
The edge pro is great, I've never heard any complaints onvit whatsoever, other than being compared to the original edge which many consider to be the best fr system out there.

J.craft I think are like ibanez's top tier guitars, a slight step above typical prestige in setup and finish and just general hands on care given to it in production. At least that's the impression I've always had.

And there's nothing wrong with basswood, it sounds great IMO.
Quote by DimebagZappa
Im looking at one on Kijiji right now.
Link- http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-IBANEZ-RG-1570-PRESTIGE-GUITAR-W0QQAdIdZ314455303

Seems like a pretty decent price ($650) although I'd have to sell my rg370dx to buy it. (or at least justify the purchase in my head)
A few questions:
1. Are team j craft prestiges 'special'? Better quality build?
2. Are edge pro trems decent?
3. Is basswood naturally muddy or just the crap knotty peice in my current rg?
My rg sounds like shit, no matter what pups I have in it.

I guess thats it. Add any other input you may have if you'd like!
Thanks

1 - All Ibanez Prestige guitars are built by the J Craft team. But they are all of very high quality and finished to a brilliant standard.

2 - The Edge Pro is an awesome trem, its damn near impossible to knock out of tune and I would take it over an OFR any day of the week.

3 - It will sound better than your 370, the wood used will be of higher quality. Basswood is not naturally muddy, its a very neutral tonewood and reacts well with good PUPs. If you replaced the V series found in the 1570 you will have a truly awesome guitar. But the Vs will still be a vast improvement over the ones in your 370.

$600 is a damn good price for a 1570 in good nick. They are a very very very good guitar, price wise they are better than the other Prestiges IMO as they provide a fairly blank, but very high quality, canvas to put your own stamp on.

Plus they are sexy as ****.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I didnt spot that.

well put the aftermath in the 1570....?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I will. Also matching neck, Slow hand in the middle.
May have to add emg ab to keep the levels decent.
I used to have a 1570, had to sell it for rent money, and if I hadn't had to do that I would've kept that guitar til the end of my life because I loved the shit out of it. I had no complaints at all about that guitar.
I agree with Chad11491 and Tom 1.0, it's pretty much what I would have posted.
Just wanted to add that my friend has one and I've played that guitar several times for the past 5-6 years; never a problem with it but they could definitely use a pick up upgrade.
The Prestige neck is very comfortable and you'll never hear a bad thing about them. The tremolo is definitely one of the best and the overall quality of the Prestige line is the highest from Ibanez guitars before getting into the LACS (custom). The 1570 just so happens to be the least expensive (last I checked) of the Prestige line but so long as it's a prestige you can expect good quality. In any case it would be a great upgrade for you!

P.S: I'm not a fan boy, I do like Ibanez guitars very much but I don't even own one myself, played many of them though....
Sounds like an awesome geetar, he had it setup by a well known local luthier as well. Bonus.
Im leaving in like 10 min.
My flickr app is being a pos. I will add a ngd in the next couple of days.
Plays like a dream. Might swap out the bridge for bkp tonight if im not too drunk.
damn I am happy with this purchase. For the first time ever I feel I dont deserve such a guitar. But its mine and I will play it every day for a long time Im sure.
Off to play now.
Great axe, I have one myself. I didn't like the pickups though so I put in some DiMarzios. Now, it's a total beast.
i picked up a 3550mz a month or so ago, i haven't played the 1550, but anything prestige should be excellent if taken care of properly. the edge zero is great for hard usage. its a solidly built guitar. i am looking for another pristege to pick up in the near future.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/