I have a tl-2 metal distortion pedal and I have a ts9. Would using them together produce the desired affect or am I just wasting money?

(Playing out of a peavey classic 30)
that would depend on what exactly you mean by desired effect. some people have run an overdrive into a distortion pedal with success so it can be done. just have to be careful that you don't end up with a bunch of mush sound wise.
Quote by monwobobbo
that would depend on what exactly you mean by desired effect. some people have run an overdrive into a distortion pedal with success so it can be done. just have to be careful that you don't end up with a bunch of mush sound wise.

+1 you can get some really nice results running and OD pedal before another OD pedal over a tube amp xD
its fine to stack gain from pedals. SRV used two tubescreamers for most (if not all) of his songs IIRC.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
you need to specify the "desired effect" your going for, otherwise this forum can't be of much help.
I SEE A BAD MOON RISING
I SEE TROUBLE ON THE WAY
Is the desired effect called blowing up your foot with a black cat? Cause if it is, put that on youtube, I'd love to see it.

Putting a TS behind a distortion pedal will do the exact same thing that it does to a tube amps gain channel, cut the lows, boost the mids, and in general make the gain tighter. That's the effect it has...but using it on a distortion pedal with plenty of mids, and a very tight gain, will give the undesired effect, which is to much mids, too much gain, and a thin sound in general.

The TL-2 would be that case where you wouldn't use a TS9 on it, it's already a pretty tight sounding pedal.
^ That's what I thought.

And The desire affect i was looking for was that djent tone everyone talks about I just like the way it chugs it's really awesome. But Ethan I figured as much but I wondered if I could get it a bit tighter.
Quote by SGlover69
^ That's what I thought.

And The desire affect i was looking for was that djent tone everyone talks about I just like the way it chugs it's really awesome. But Ethan I figured as much but I wondered if I could get it a bit tighter.

You can only get the TL-2's gain so tight, then the problem comes down to either the amp, or the pickups. If you don't have pickups that are designed for Djent(ex: BKP Painkiller) then you'll have problems nailing it exactly.

If the amp is a loose amp, or can't handle the gain, then you'll never get the tone.
The pick ups in my guitar are active pick ups. The guitar i'm playing is an Agile AG-3000.

Im curious to see what I can do with it, I'll come back and let you know if i get anything desireable.