I have a black Gibson SG standard. i have a buddy that does pin striping. He said for some money he would pinstripe it. But it had to be sanded down. I posted this on a different website and was told to use 1000 grit sandpaper, (which sounds right). I'm also going to have to take ALL the hardware off the guitar. Pickups, tuning machines, vol/tone knobs, EVERYTHING. What I'm curious about though is what do I do with the fret board when i go to clear coat it? Should I just mask of the front of it and clear coat over the rest? I'm not sure on this. Also whats the best way to get the nut on and off the neck? I was thinking just give it a light tap with a hammer and a punch-type object (like a small block of wood). so any suggestions would really be great. Thanks.
For sure you'll want to mask the front of the fretboard during the clear coat process. Some type of tape should do the trick. For the nut take a rubber mallet of some sort and a non-metal punch and give it a light tap or two. You seem to know what your doing, let us know how it turns out.
I SEE A BAD MOON RISING
I SEE TROUBLE ON THE WAY