Page 1 of 2
I'd like to hear clips.

Just listened to the combo drive. It has British voiced cleans and overdrive tones. I like it.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Sep 16, 2011,
^I found the clips
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by AcousticMirror
are these digital

nah, its a full analog looper with onboard effects and 3 hours recording time. pretty cool huh!
mojostompboxes.com
if the booster really works that way, and is that effective, I would love to add it to my arsenal.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by greeny23
nah, its a full analog looper with onboard effects and 3 hours recording time. pretty cool huh!

i didn't even click on the looper.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
The looper seems so pointless. It's basicially a pedalboard, WITH ONE MAIN EFFECT!

This is showing my ignorance, but who uses a looper?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
The looper seems so pointless. It's basicially a pedalboard, WITH ONE MAIN EFFECT!

Thom Yorke of Radiohead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cf3Hhj9JLc&t=1m05s)
KT Tunstall
John Mayer at times (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ruic_HgQ6U)
Minus the Bear in a lot of songs
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by AcousticMirror
are these digital

That means they sound fantastic right?
Quote by dementiacaptain
if the booster really works that way, and is that effective, I would love to add it to my arsenal.

I liked that one too...
For looping, an awesome guitarist from my home town uses the RC-20XL for making extraordinary music and very impressive jazz improvisation. I'll get one of those eventually!
There's no way I would buy one of those loopers. The boost does look pretty nice though.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Yeah the looper looks like it has the same features as the old one, just easier with the extra buttons for saved loops. I'd rather make my own feedback. The drive pedal looks like it could be good. Wont get one though.
Quote by Dmaj7
Yeah the looper looks like it has the same features as the old one, just easier with the extra buttons for saved loops. I'd rather make my own feedback. The drive pedal looks like it could be good. Wont get one though.

+1
The boost pedal looks like the most promising. I'd get that thing if it wasen't over $100, would be so useful. The BC-2 just looks like a SD-1, SD-2 and DS-1 shoved into one.

The looper looks overly complicated and almost useless unless you learn to program it with your foot...which I'm to lazy to do just to get one effect.
ya i saw the fb-2 and thought it looked cool, but is a tad expensive for what it is...
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
There's plenty of AC30 simulators and loopers on the market already, but the booster/feedbacker seems useful on paper for the boost features alone.
Jumping on the bandwagon here: Booster/feedbacker looks decent and I don't have much of an interest in anything else. I bet the price point will be too high for it to be a hit though.

If the AC30 pedal really nails the sound and is a good chunk less than the ST-2 that came out a while ago (though of course it's probably the same price as they're different "flavors" of the same idea) I might get a slight itch for it, but what are the odds?

I wish Boss would focus on cranking out some new budget pedals. Who doesn't have some guilty fun playing with or modding a nice DS-1 or SD-1?
yeah +1 on the booster looking quite nice (assuming it actually does what it claims).

the ac30-sounding one might be cool too (again, assuming it sounds good).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ACollier

^This video hurt my ears ow

Try this guy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuFmNZ09_Y8
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Sep 17, 2011,
Quote by NosralTserrof

about 80% of the songs in my link were done with a looper. The looper is the only thing in the links that interest me.
When I was shopping for a looper I went with the RC-3 over the RC-30 because the stereo option was a bit pointless for me. The 300 echoes that....in triple stereo. But the other two are at least of some interest. I'll see what they sound like in person when GC stocks them and decide then.
The feedback thing would be cool.
But I wouldn't even pretend I'd use it for the boost.
If there was a pedal which coaxed feedback in a similar manner, and only did that, I'd probably be onto it.
Being in a pub covers band using a 30 watt amp and a 1x12 rarely lets me have those "rock god" moments.
"The FB-2’s feedback is authentic and true, not an artificial, oscillator-driven sound."

Really? So it isn't an oscillator? Really? Anybody want to buy a bridge?

If you were into loopers that thing would be pretty tasty. Up to 3 hrs? Godamn.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Sep 18, 2011,
Quote by Cathbard
"The FB-2’s feedback is authentic and true, not an artificial, oscillator-driven sound."

Really? So it isn't an oscillator? Really? Anybody want to buy a bridge?

Well as you can see in the video the dude turns on the feedbacker and gets the feedback and does move his trem which does affect the feedback... thus? Non-artificial I guess otherwise I see no other way it could really be done... Also, if it is artificial but does react on your trem like a natural one then what's the problem?
Quote by Cathbard

Yeah, but the RC-3 and RC-30 also have 99 memories, 2Gb internal storage (3 hours), so why pay more unless you can use the extra channels? The 3 is $200.00, the 30 is $300.00 I believe, and the 300 must cost a bit more also. For me (non gigging player) it just wasn't worth it. But for a person that may actually use it in a live band setup it may be.
Quote by Vendetta V
Well as you can see in the video the dude turns on the feedbacker and gets the feedback and does move his trem which does affect the feedback... thus? Non-artificial I guess otherwise I see no other way it could really be done... Also, if it is artificial but does react on your trem like a natural one then what's the problem?

Well the pitch of what's being played will affect the feedback, artificial or not.
Just like the feedback will be changed by what note you're holding, the feedback will be affected by bends and tremolo use.

There's really no doubt that it's artificial. Have you ever tried getting that amount of feedback at low levels?
Even when I gig, 30 watt valve amp, turned probably two thirds of the way up, with the gain nearly half way up (generally, it depends on the gig), can't coax that kind of feedback. I probably could if I put both my drive pedals on and pushed reaaal close to the speaker.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Well the pitch of what's being played will affect the feedback, artificial or not.
Just like the feedback will be changed by what note you're holding, the feedback will be affected by bends and tremolo use.

There's really no doubt that it's artificial. Have you ever tried getting that amount of feedback at low levels?
Even when I gig, 30 watt valve amp, turned probably two thirds of the way up, with the gain nearly half way up (generally, it depends on the gig), can't coax that kind of feedback. I probably could if I put both my drive pedals on and pushed reaaal close to the speaker.

well I have actually gotten feedback in like room volumes (think of a human voice talking level) but it was damn dirty! I had to run too much gain for that. But well I think of oscillator based feedback as something like Behringer's stuff or like Boss (or whoever that was, I remember the video but can't remember the brand) where whatever note you were holding would go on forever even after you'd stop fretting it (but while you'd still have your foot on the pedal). Think of it like EHX's Freeze but non polyphonic or something
not bad. i like the crunch box and i really dont like almost any boss distrotion so its a plus.

i kinda like the feeback thing but my GE7 EQ pedals will do all that andthen some. i just need to get natural feedback.

in my mind this is one of the best boss distortions along wth the OS2, which i think is highly underrated. i consistantl get compliments for something that is not boutique or expesnive. not a bad little box. tons of versatility.
i'd try the boss pedals out. thanks for posting these tim.

Quote by 00_hns_00

why are you going for a reverse chevron? did you line it up the other way and not like it?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I've used the old Boss Feedbacker. They would feedback on a harmonic of the note played. Obviously a feedback loop through a filter. You couldn't do a Parisienne Walkways with it. If you want that sort of thing you need volume. I'd be interested in trying the new feedbacker but I wouldn't expect it to turn you into a cranked JTM45 vibrating the guitar's strings. I suspect, like the old ones, they are a children's toy.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Sep 18, 2011,
Quote by Cathbard
I suspect, like the old ones, they are a children's toy.

kids would rather play with the box. probably use it as a garage for lego cars.

/spam
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Page 1 of 2