Hey,
Looking for an Amp with jam tracks on it as well, doing a google search and popular amps search got me to "LINE6 SPIDER JAM", but thats a 75w amp, a little too much for my room playing.

Can anyone recommend any other amps that you like?

I trust you guys much more than company X's marketing

Cheers!
“God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.”
(My hero) - Robin Williams
I personally liked the spider series when I was starting out, they gave me just enough choice without being confusing, and helped me figure out what I liked later on down the line, so I think they're decent. And 75w has been enough to compete with a drummer, for me, but it's solid state, so you can turn it down to whatever volume you need without sacrificing sound quality.

But, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person here who's going to say that.

Although beyond the Line6 hate here, I will say that if jam tracks are what you want, there are a lot easier and more flexible ways to get them than basing your amp choice around that feature. Maybe look at finding them to download somewhere, or getting a cheap recording interface so you can make your own?
From your post I assume you just want something to practice with and don't really need an actual amp?

Provided that you own a decent PC I'd suggest getting JamVox.
I bought it 2 months ago and am really happy with it for practicing purposes and basic recording.
Although I must add that the guitar extraction function is not a miracle work of genius, but merely a frequency filter. It will never sound as perfect as in their demos.
Soundwise I'd put it at one level with the Line6 stuff: not perfect, but decent.
But for jamming along to premade tracks I don't know any easier solution.

The best thing for me though: the USB interface is actually very good and you can use it as ASIO device in other software like Reaper or Pedalboard to get some really great sounding tunes with free or commercial VST plugins.
Thanks guys!

Thats why I love this place! Wont buy it, you guys saved me money!

Cheers!
“God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.”
Picked up the Jambox (didnt know about it) from Amazon!
I have a i5 laptop and a powerhouse for a desktop, i7 OC'ed to 4.2ghz, 16gigs RAM, SSD harddrive etc so I think it can handle the JB without a problem.
It's nice and small as well instead of the big spiderjam!

As Wolffgang said " there are a lot easier and more flexible ways to get them than basing your amp choice around that feature", so true! Just didnt know those options.

Donated $15 to charity for money saved as well - you guys can feel good about it as well because it was thanks to you.
Last edited by MusicGu7 at Sep 17, 2011,
Quote by MusicGu7
Hey,
Looking for an Amp with jam tracks on it as well, doing a google search and popular amps search got me to "LINE6 SPIDER JAM", but thats a 75w amp, a little too much for my room playing.

Can anyone recommend any other amps that you like?

I trust you guys much more than company X's marketing

Cheers!

I like the Line 6 for a lot of ways, but for home practice etc, I really dont think you can beat the Boss JS 8. I use it constantly at the academy for its ease and versatility, but for some people the price is a bit much. For me its worth it. Nothing else out there that does and has everything that it has.

Best,

Sean
Quote by Sean0913
I like the Line 6 for a lot of ways, but for home practice etc, I really dont think you can beat the Boss JS 8. I use it constantly at the academy for its ease and versatility, but for some people the price is a bit much. For me its worth it. Nothing else out there that does and has everything that it has.

Best,

Sean

Awww damn!
That looks sweet! And now am torn between choices again...
still have time to cancel my Amazon order and get this though.

Will check out some more youtube vids and proceed from there.

Thanks Sean!