Today, I've been playing guitar a year and a half. I'm alright, people have told me I'm pretty good for someone who's been playing for as long as I have. I want to learn theory, mostly because a lot of people say it helps out a lot with your playing and technique and writing/composing. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but I find learning theory boring. I know a few positions of the A Minor Pentatonic scale (or a few scales, can't remember if it's all A Minor), basic/common chords, although I only remember a bit if I don't have them on a piece of paper in front of me, and some arpeggios, which I can sweep decently. All in all, I know bits and pieces of a lot of things. I just find that learning the rest, like scales, sight reading, etc. bore the HELL out of me. I really just want to play songs and write stuff, but I'm not technical and skilled enough to do that yet.

I moved 30 minutes away from where I always used to get lessons, which I enjoyed a lot (which made learning easier for me.) I really enjoy lessons, but would also like to teach myself. I want ways to make learning it enjoyable. I know that not knowing any theory and being a great guitarist is possible, but I can't seem how to make it work for me. I want to be a knowledgeable guitarist, but I don't want to waste time learning something I probably won't either use, remember, or enjoy. Basically not bore myself learning all this that I get sick of guitar.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just confused about all this and where to start.
There are some great resources here, and another good place to learn would be through musictheory.net. Lastly, I have a music theory site (link in signature), which I will be updating this semester so the content is a little more user friendly.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
There are some great resources here, and another good place to learn would be through musictheory.net. Lastly, I have a music theory site (link in signature), which I will be updating this semester so the content is a little more user friendly.

I scanned through the link in your sig and it seems really easy and straight forward. Thank you. Looks like it'll help me a lot.