Has anyone had a friend/acquaintance who hangs around you and then all of a sudden, when they're with other people starts doing exactly what you do - Acting like you, telling your jokes, giving your opinions and talking about obscure bands you showed them?

I don't mean to sound like a snob or a hipster (Inevitably, that will happen) But it's really pissing me off, like one friend of mine recently started hanging around with me alot, because most of our friend circle left for Uni this year. I was invited to a good friend of mines party in Melbourne (about 4 hours away) and he asked if he could come along.
I said he should talk to Ash, he did, she said it was fine and we went there - When we got there, instead of being the friend I know, he literally became me, but way more talkative. It was almost embarrassing, like a machinegun of quotes directly from my mouth, listing bands directly from the playlist on my ipod which he never even heard of.

The discussion is - How do I take this? Do you know anyone like this, Are you one and or share your stories.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

I don't quite agree, but it's one way of looking at it I guess.
I also know somebody like this, it is quite annoying.
Sit back and watch as he becomes the life of every party that you will go to. Pretty soon, people will call him by your name, he'll take your girlfriend, and he'll move into your house. Your parents will love him.

Nobody will remember the real you in a few months.

Shouldn't have shown him your ipod.
Quote by jetfuel495
Sit back and watch as he becomes the life of every party that you will go to. Pretty soon, people will call him by your name, he'll take your girlfriend, and he'll move into your house. Your parents will love him.

Nicely done :P You made me laugh
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Beat their ass and attempt to give them herpes (Not at the same time).
"Recording is God's way of telling you that you suck." -Bob Brozman
TS, just call him out. Then sit akwardly on the ride home.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
This happened to me last year, but it was usually younger kids, i think they just looked up to me
Music is a universal language and it need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
Reminds me of something that genuinely happened to me in reality.

I don't mean to sound like a snob or a hipster (Inevitably, that will happen) But it's really pissing me off, like one friend of mine recently started hanging around with me alot, because most of our friend circle left for Uni this year. I was invited to a good friend of mines party in Melbourne (about 4 hours away) and he asked if he could come along.
I said he should talk to Ash, he did, she said it was fine and we went there - When we got there, instead of being the friend I know, he literally became me, but way more talkative. It was almost embarrassing, like a machinegun of quotes directly from my mouth, listing bands directly from the playlist on my ipod which he never even heard of.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
Reminds me of something that genuinely happened to me in reality.

OT, yes, this is my little sister. God dammit I don't want her to become me.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I notice that I tend to talk like my friends and use the same mannerisms when I've been around them for awhile, but other than that no.
Quote by jetfuel495

Dammit Jay.

You are awesome.
Change all the artist names around on your ipod, make all the tags wrong, then watch him make a dick of himself.
🙈 🙉 🙊