been meaning to ask for a while so here i go:

i own a crate bv150, 150w(duh)

now this isnt really a complaint but its....not as loud as it should be. no significant loss but i played a blackstar ht-100 and around the same setting near 1 the blackstar was louder....this might relate to my next question which is

when i pass the 3/4 mark on the volume (unnecessary in my house but still) it loses all bass response and gets really harsh and loud. this a cab/speaker maxing out?

and a small side question, how much should tubes be glowing? i can upload a picture if need be but they are quite dim (brand new full set of JJ pre and power amp tubes). i google image'd and i got pics like this

http://www.samsaudiolabs.com/images/tubesGlowing.jpg

yea its a stupid question but this is the only amp ive played where u can actually see the tubes so i really have no reference >.>
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
been meaning to ask for a while so here i go:

i own a crate bv150, 150w(duh)

now this isnt really a complaint but its....not as loud as it should be. no significant loss but i played a blackstar ht-100 and around the same setting near 1 the blackstar was louder....this might relate to my next question which is

when i pass the 3/4 mark on the volume (unnecessary in my house but still) it loses all bass response and gets really harsh and loud. this a cab/speaker maxing out?

and a small side question, how much should tubes be glowing? i can upload a picture if need be but they are quite dim (brand new full set of JJ pre and power amp tubes). i google image'd and i got pics like this

http://www.samsaudiolabs.com/images/tubesGlowing.jpg

yea its a stupid question but this is the only amp ive played where u can actually see the tubes so i really have no reference >.>

i picked up an old BV120 to mess around with, and i dont know what is different than the blacks, but they sound very different.

if yours is anything like mine, the volume doesn't get loud until 11 o'clock, then it rises rather quickly i think this may be because they use a log pot, as opposed to liniar, but i really dont know enough to say for sure.

two differnt amps are never the same volume at the same number, remember that there are tons of other factors in tone, speakers, pickups, any pedals, etc.

when you are turning it up to 75% is so loud its probably your ears hearing the distorted sound. not good for hearing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i got good earplugs, so i did it strickly for testing
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
I haven't seen tubes glow like that in real life, just a small speck of light in my experience.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.

heres my tubes
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED